Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots Lately

Fifty150

One Too Many
Interesting that Wikipedia has a page on the desert boot. I guess a desert boot is a chukka, but not all chukkas are desert boots.

1688438812954.png

milandro

A-List Customer
pretty much the same as in desert boots are " Polacchine" but not all Polacchine are desert boots.

It is a common shaped pair of footwear , pretty much as simple as it can get. They exist and existed in many shoe makers catalogues

milandro

A-List Customer
To add some information here.

In order to improve the comfort of my two pairs of desert boots (ant the fitting because size 46 is too small and 47 , which I have is too big) I have acquired some superfeet insoles.

I had used cheaper silicone insoles before (2 different types) but they weren't " firm" enough to guarantee a nice fitting .

The superfeet feel a lot better. I have one pair of green ( somewhat firmer) and one pair of Orange ones.

I have to say that the comfort is highly enhanced. Granted not the cheapest of the insoles by all means and occurs you can wear them in more than a pair of shoes.

1690535989658.png

milandro

A-List Customer
I use blue super feet on about 50% of my shoes. They’re great. I need the arch support.
in many shoes nowadays there are built in arch supports (in fact superfeet require you to remove the insole if present) but the Desert boots are absolutely flat I have to say that I wouldn't have thought of the insoles if I didn't need to fill in the extra space due to my desert boots being 47 (because the 46 are too small and I have never found and half size )

milandro

A-List Customer
I have a question on adding Eyelets (or grommets ) to the Clarks Desert Boots.

Their normal design has two eyelets but the foot is a bit loose in the shoe this way, adding an extra eyelet would improve on the fitting. Has anyone done that would you like to share pictures and ideas on how this feels?

I found on line someone who did this

1699187130578.png

which is precisely what I mean and for the same reasons

Last edited:

milandro

A-List Customer
well, no answers to the question so I will report that I had it done (costed me only €4 for 4 grommets ) and it works perfectly , to the point that I will have my other pair of Original Desert boots done too

Yamahana

One Too Many
I have a question on adding Eyelets (or grommets ) to the Clarks Desert Boots.

Their normal design has two eyelets but the foot is a bit loose in the shoe this way, adding an extra eyelet would improve on the fitting. Has anyone done that would you like to share pictures and ideas on how this feels?

I found on line someone who did this

View attachment 557946

which is precisely what I mean and for the same reasons
I did this just a few weeks ago to my Clarks Bushacre boots. Greatly improved the wearability. Just need 3/16” eyelets and eyelet/grommet setter plus a leather punch for the hole.

IMG_6851.jpeg
IMG_6852.jpeg
IMG_6853.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner