Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic/Classy Style in Business Casual Environment

Jovan

Suspended
Marty M. said:
Sorry Jovan, those darn pesky customers were demanding of my time. I don't make many triple reverse pleats anymore. I like them though because I have very large thighs (luckly from athletics not from the coutch). They give me more room in the front Quad area. But I would say that we make 80% of our pleated pants in a Double Reverse. About 15% in Single Reverse and 5% in Triple Reverse.
The Barons right about the 1980's and Triple Reverse Pleats. Man we sold a ton of them. That extra fullness coordinated with the wider shoulder lines of the jackets. Speaking of the Baron, "Nasty Fabric" wow. I'm definitly going to wear that shirt when I visit you accross the pond. :p
Thanks,
Marty
Ah. No forward pleats? :(

Marty M.

Vendor
Jovan said:
Ah. No forward pleats? :(

Oh sure. We make them. I was just refering to our % of reverse pleats. Overall I would say that for trousers we make 85% reverse, 10% plain and 5% forward. That trend is starting to change some. Plain fronts are starting to drop as a fashion trend. I don't give a rip about fashion. But our customers are somewhat influenced by it.
The hardest thing about makeing and fitting a plain front or a forward pleat is that you need to make the pant fuller in the front panels so they lay better. Unless of course the gentleman is a slim guy like yourself.
Marty Mathis

StanleyVanBuren

Marty M. said:
Ok. Here's my idea of casual Friday.
Sport Coat: Olive plaid with a orange window, single breasted, bone buttons and a funky lining.
Trouser: Medium blue 120's wool faille weave, triple reverse pleats.
Dress Shirt: Blue twil weave 100's 2/ply cotton, classic collar and french cuffs.
Cuff Links: "PIn-up Girl" of course.
Vest: Yellow Royal Baby Alpaca.
Shoes: Allen Edmonds "Ramsey" brandy w/linen. Also with matching belt.
Hoisery: Pantherella light blue OTC with pattern.
Lid: Scala coconut with a madras band.
Driving Gloves: Italian made calf skin (for my pal Scotrace)
A silk pocket square and a fish fly in the lapel to finish the outfit. Now the only question is "What will you fill the Flask with?
Cheers,
Marty Mathis

Marty, the more of your stuff I see, the more impressed I am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner