Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic "Hollywood Golden Era" Portrait Photograpy

Miss Sis

One Too Many
A good friend of mine, Mr Gordon Ayres does portraits like this in London. He is a 'Spare time' photographer but has been at The Jitterbug ball many times. I had a one done by him years ago but I'd have to find it and get it scanned as it is all proper photgraphy on film, not digital.

If you go to http://www.jitterbugball.com/ and click on specailist photographer there are a few there to view. He doesn't have a website, I'm afraid.

He recently took some amazing pictures of an event we did at Osterley Park doing 1930s. They really could have been lifted straight from an old album. He is a real artist.

K

killertomata

Wow, those are amazing. I'll have to repost the link in my LJ.

Adele

One of the Regulars
I've been interested for quite some time on learning how to take old-fashioned photographs. I have this book that talks about the lighting on some old Hollywood portraits, but the point is that good golly, what excellent work!

I'm with everyone though, sure wouldn't mind him photographing me.

Twinkle

Familiar Face
Miss Sis said:
A good friend of mine, Mr Gordon Ayres does portraits like this in London. He is a 'Spare time' photographer but has been at The Jitterbug ball many times. I had a one done by him years ago but I'd have to find it and get it scanned as it is all proper photgraphy on film, not digital.

If you go to http://www.jitterbugball.com/ and click on specailist photographer there are a few there to view. He doesn't have a website, I'm afraid.

He recently took some amazing pictures of an event we did at Osterley Park doing 1930s. They really could have been lifted straight from an old album. He is a real artist.

I was just going to recomend Gordon, he is an absolute darling..... Strangely enough that photo of me in the avatar was a snap taken by a friend of mine during a shoot at Gordons house, I'm in his study.... His work is amazing a true artist!! Yay for Gordon.... (His house is totally amazing too for those of you who don't know him.......)

Miss Sis - was the Osterley Park on New Years Eve 2006?? He was telling me all about it, sounded devine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit