Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Movies Seen In The Theater

LizzieMaine

Bartender
At this very moment we're about an hour into a showing of "West Side Story," for our annual July 4th-weekend special classic show. A near sell-out, as these events usually are, and folks are actually singing along with the actors.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
I was lucky enough to see Casablanca a few years ago at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Wouldn't you know it, my hoofprints are almost exactly the same size as Trigger's.

graumanschinese.jpg

ChineseCourtyard2.jpg

Joe_Frances

New in Town
"Cassblanca" many times: revival houses; college movie series (to wonderfully outrageous Rick and Elsa costumes, and thunderous applause at key scenes); and other venues in and around NYC such as Film Forum.

Also many silent films at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, with organ accompaniment, as part of an organ fundraising drive. Incredible!

Feraud

Bartender
Last night my wife and I saw a screening of Frankenstein at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria.
The screening was made special with Sara Karloff (daughter of Boris) in attendance as our host. Sara showed home movies and did a Q&A before and after the screening. She was a charming host.
It was a memorable evening.

Feraud

Bartender
Sorry we missed you too. I found out at the last minute or would have put a note on the Lounge about it. I wonder if other Loungers were in attendance?

Effingham

A-List Customer
We have a wonderful art deco theatre here in Franklin called the Artcraft (built by my grandfather, and for a time owned by him!). They show classic films a few times a month. Their Halloween movie was Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein and I've also seen such flicks there as The Maltese Falcon, An Affair to Remember, and Vertigo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda