Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLASSIC SEERSUCKER JACKET, from Haspel! Size 48R. Just $25 shipped in CONUS!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
CLASSIC SEERSUCKER JACKET, from Haspel!

(For more vintage and classic menswear items, please "like" my Facebook page, WaterhollowTweed)

Joseph Haspel founded Haspel in New Orleans in 1909 with the express aim of creating clothing that could be worn comfortably in the sub-tropical humidity of the Deep South. Recognizing that the British used seersucker widely in their tropical colonies, he created seersucker suits and jackets. These were immediately successful, and were imported into the Ivy League look by way of Princeton, long the traditional Ivy for men from the South. (And long only *men* from the South... True to the conservatism of ts student population Princeton , shockingly, didn't fully admit women until 1969.)

This is a lovely example of a contemporary Haspel seersucker jacket! Pure cotton, this is cut as a contemporary two-button jacket with subtle darts. It is quarter-lined, has a single center vent, and three button cuffs. It does have some minor discoloration at the collar turn, as shown--I only saw this when photographing in bright sunlight! Otherwise, it's in absolutely excellent condition, and is a steal at

just $25, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged 48R. Measurements:

Chest: 25
Sleeve: 26 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder:21
Length: 30 5/8

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy