Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clean Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
They told me there would be no math
You can actually achieve the answer by trial and error, but the way to calculate it is thus:
The age of all three is 140 Years.
So, x + y + z = 140 years
The age of Grandson in number of months is equal to age of Grandfather in years.
So, 12*x = z (multiplied by 12 to convert year to month)
The age of Grandson in number of days is equal to age of father in weeks.
So, 365 * x = (365 * y) / 7
Which becomes => 7x = y
So, replacing value of y and z in original equation:
x + 7x + 12x = 140
20x = 140
I.e. x = GS = 7 years
y = F = 7*7 = 49 years
z = GF = 12*7 = 84 years
You can verify this by adding them up;
7 + 49 + 84 = 140 years.
Do you want another, or does your brain hurt?

Do you want another, or does your brain hurt?

Hoss.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The original answer is seven, but as I didn't clarify a whole single number, then eleven is correct too.
How do you think Hoss got on?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
He was thinking "eleven" was the answer if you took away a Mexican "el" ...

Hoss-Cartwright.jpg
No wonder Hoss is confused. If you take one letter away from eleven you get leven not even, so the answer was seven. Perhaps I should have set the problem in the, what did you drink last night, thread.

Find a five digit number which has no zeros nor ones in it and no digit is repeated, where:
The fourth digit is a quarter of the total of all digits.
The second digit is twice the first digit.
The third digit is the largest.
The last digit is the sum of the first two digits.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
No wonder Hoss is confused. If you take one letter away from eleven you get leven not even, so the answer was seven. Perhaps I should have set the problem in the, what did you drink last night, thread.

Find a five digit number which has no zeros nor ones in it and no digit is repeated, where:
The fourth digit is a quarter of the total of all digits.
The second digit is twice the first digit.
The third digit is the largest.
The last digit is the sum of the first two digits.
brain.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ok GHT.... we're ready for anudder one!
Fire Away Gridley!
View attachment 144385
Let's see if we can help the three Horwitz brothers, Moses, Jerome and Samuel better known by their stage names as Moe, Curly and Shemp Howard. Or if you are, like me, still above ground. (That's a euphemism for being old without being six foot under.)The Three Stoogies
Try 24976, fellas.
Lets's make it easy peasy:
Amazon can place 8 large boxes or 10 small boxes into a carton for shipping. In one shipment, they sent a total of 96 boxes. If there are more large boxes than small boxes, how many cartons did they ship?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Let's see if we can help the three Horwitz brothers, Moses, Jerome and Samuel better known by their stage names as Moe, Curly and Shemp Howard. Or if you are, like me, still above ground. (That's a euphemism for being old without being six foot under.)The Three Stoogies
Try 24976, fellas.
Lets's make it easy peasy:
Amazon can place 8 large boxes or 10 small boxes into a carton for shipping. In one shipment, they sent a total of 96 boxes. If there are more large boxes than small boxes, how many cartons did they ship?
Cartons.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot