Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clean Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Scooter

One of the Regulars
9.jpg

Not sure I get the joke, but I can understand you thinking that's too much money to save what some may consider a historic piece of transportation history. The State of Missouri recently approved $8-million to restore a 1902 footbridge in Springfield (my hometown). It's been closed since 2016 and I, for one, am glad to see it will be saved -- although that price seems crazy. I feel better about this allocation than $4-million of the State budget being spent to "upgrade" our 19-year-old minor league baseball park.

1688563993736.png

Not sure I get the joke, but I can understand you thinking that's too much money to save what some may consider a historic piece of transportation history. The State of Missouri recently approved $8-million to restore a 1902 footbridge in Springfield (my hometown). It's been closed since 2016 and I, for one, am glad to see it will be saved -- although that price seems crazy. I feel better about this allocation than $4-million of the State budget being spent to "upgrade" our 19-year-old minor league baseball park.

View attachment 530310

With 8 Million USD, they could have build a pedestrian tunnel with extra toilets, right? ;)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Not sure I get the joke, but I can understand you thinking that's too much money to save what some may consider a historic piece of transportation history.
The screenshot I posted is part of a series of applications for protected status for various run-down, falling-down, and/or insignificant buildings and structures that someone wants to retain (probably for NIMBY purposes). That seemed to me to be the most silly example of the bunch, and I say that as a railfan and old building nutter! As my now-retired mechanic used to say, "sometimes an old car is just an old car." Anyways, yes, I probably should have posted some context.

Last edited:
GDR, two friends on the street looking in the newspaper:

"See, in Hennersbach (Saxony), a colleague, who did the most for our local youth, was offered the assignment as the FDJ-secretary."

"Did he accepted?"

"Nope, he couldn't, because he's the Reverend..."

PS:
Got the pointe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran