Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cockpit USA Goatskin A-2 Review

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Gotta put your hands somewhere. :D All kidding aside, I prefer not to have handwarmer pockets on my A-2's or my G-1 but feel lost without them on my utility jackets. My only utility jacket without handwarmer pockets is my Mulligan, which has cargo pockets that could probably double as handwarmer pockets with the flaps folded inside the pockets.

Last edited:
Modern style A2's seem to all have extra material above a tight wool blend waistband that creates the blousing and especially puckered effect whether with side pockets or not. It's just the way most are made in recent years...some more so than others.
HD

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
This is a fine jacket! Very close to G&B in quality. Good fit for me at 5' 11", 175 lbs, 40R. Nothing else to say...the photos speak for themselves. Only item of note are the 3 piece sleeves.

View attachment 12905 View attachment 12906 View attachment 12907 View attachment 12908 View attachment 12909 View attachment 12910 View attachment 12911 View attachment 12912 View attachment 12913

I 'm not an A-2 maven, but do like them very much. I own only one. 3 or 4 years ago I also bought a Cockpit goatskin with the side pockets, etc. It's a great jacket. Although I couldn't compare it to other brands since it's the only A-2 I've ever owned. Just wore it yesterday. I bought a size 48Long and it cost $325 (3 or 4 years ago). I am a pea coat maven though. I have 10 of those.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I 'm not an A-2 maven, but do like them very much. I own only one. 3 or 4 years ago I also bought a Cockpit goatskin with the side pockets, etc. It's a great jacket. Although I couldn't compare it to other brands since it's the only A-2 I've ever owned. Just wore it yesterday. I bought a size 48Long and it cost $325 (3 or 4 years ago). I am a pea coat maven though. I have 10 of those.

If you are a good shopper, you can find them on sale for not much more than that.

Fadetoblack88

Familiar Face
I know this thread is ancient but I'm curious to know: what is the quality of the leather? Does it stay new and plastic like or develop good grain and patina? Any info or pics is welcome.

abx0082

New in Town
Hi, I’m thinking of buying this jacket…
I’m 6’8” and 184lbs. And chest 39inch
If i buy size 40, will it be too big for me?
I’ll be thankful if you give me some advice
Thanks

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks
Can you usually wear OTR jackets? I'm 6.5 and almost never can. Have never found a leather jacket that is narrow but long enough at the same time. Not to mention the sleeves.
If this is similar for you, then I would order where I can influence the measurements.

Aloysius

Thanks

You're 6'8" (203cm)? You didn't mention this in your previous thread. I imagine the Cockpit 21st century jacket will be both too wide and too short (particularly in the sleeves).

abx0082

New in Town
You're 6'8" (203cm)? You didn't mention this in your previous thread. I imagine the Cockpit 21st century jacket will be both too wide and too short (particularly in the sleeves).
Oh that’s my mistake ,
My country use a metric system so..
I mean I’m 5’8” sorry

Aloysius

Oh that’s my mistake ,
My country use a metric system so..
I mean I’m 5’8” sorry

In that case you’d still be better off with the G-1 jackets I recommended, especially the second one which has a removable mouton collar so you can wear it both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner