Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cold Cream- Brands and advice!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Mary,
My routine is to put the cold cream on (I do this at night before bedtime) and leave it on while I brush my teeth. Then I take one of those disposable facial makeup remover cloths (I've even used disposable baby wipes) and remove most of the cold cream with that. Then I follow it up with a warm washcloth to completely remove any traces of the cold cream. And then I'll use a cotton ball and put on my witchhazel/rosewater toner for the final step. I usually rinse out the washcloth good and hang it up to dry. (Sometimes I put a drop of liquid soap on the cloth and hand wash it a bit.) I'll re-use the washcloth for a few days before tossing it into the wash. (I hope this doesn't gross anyone out) This method has worked well for me for almost a year and like Miss 1929, my face hasn't looked this good in years! I'm 48 as well and had adult acne. I haven't had a breakout for months! I do remember that it took about a week or so before my skin got used to the cold cream. I still had a few breakouts, but they were small and eventually went away. I also have large pores and I think using the cold cream has minimized them a bit, but pore size is mostly what you're born with and I don't think you can totally shrink them. :(

I've used dozens of products over the years and never have had the results that I'm getting with my cold cream. My only regret is that I wish I knew about this years ago. You younger gals definitely have an advantage if you're using the cold cream now.

Oh, and Miss 1929 you look absolutely radiant!

Mary

Practically Family
Thanks Bonnie Jean. Of course I will give it a try! I only have to see that the wipes are kind to the face. That's what I like about the couldcream that it's so kind to the skin that I can keep it on for hours. Are all wipes as good to the face or are the hash ones I should look out for?

No I agree, I don't think you can get smaller poors if you have big ones but it's nice to see them getting slightly smaller.

I'm thankful I knew it when I'm as young as I am. I'll actually give some to my mum and dad to see what they think.

M

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Mary,
I don't know what you have available in your area, but here in the States, I can get the wipes for sensitive skin (that's what I use). But you can also use baby wipes for sensitive skin. They're nice to use because you can get rid of most of the cold cream stuff without having it build up so much on your washcloth. I've not tried leaving the cold cream on for hours or overnight, but leaving it on for a few minutes works fine for me. Best wishes!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Miss 1929,
It obvious that the skin around your eyes are extremely sensitive to the cold cream. Actually, the skin there is a lot more fragile than the rest of our face and can be more sensitive. (That's why dermatologists say not to tug and pull on the skin around there...) I've often used baby oil to remove the makeup around my eyes and then the cold cream everywhere else. My skin is very sensitive, but I've not had the problem with my eyes and cold cream like you. I sure hope you get healing soon--that sounds awful!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And so attractive...

BonnieJean said:
Miss 1929,
It obvious that the skin around your eyes are extremely sensitive to the cold cream. Actually, the skin there is a lot more fragile than the rest of our face and can be more sensitive. (That's why dermatologists say not to tug and pull on the skin around there...) I've often used baby oil to remove the makeup around my eyes and then the cold cream everywhere else. My skin is very sensitive, but I've not had the problem with my eyes and cold cream like you. I sure hope you get healing soon--that sounds awful!

At least it didn't come on until after the Ball!

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Any brands anyone can recomend for sensitive/combination skin?

I was gonna buy Ponds but at my local drug store the directions (y todo- and everything) on the box were in spanish. :rage: :rage: :rage:

I speak spanglish, but I don't want to translate to use any product, knowing it's not necessary.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another thread

missing it's last few pages... EDIT: fixed now, they are back!
5/13/08 Update - not the cold cream causing the eye thing! My under-eye concealer went bad!
Figured it out by stopping using the cold cream, waited for the eyes to heal, then allowed myself to use makeup again, and voila - back it came. And it's only UNDER the eyes, not above, so logically, the thing that I used in only that place must be the culprit.
They say you should throw away makeup every 6 months, and now I get it...

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss Retro said:
I was wondering if anyone had tried this please. I was looking it up as i can't get Ponds here and this sounds lovely.

I have some at home. It is much thicker than Ponds and the ingredients are different.. the results aren't quite the same as Ponds...but it is a nice cream for the face... much more emolient.

I also have the Rose Toner in the same line as the Cold Cream. Also a fantastic product.. your skin will be very soft and it has a lovely rose scent.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
i have some too.

Although I will say I use it as a treat..and not everyday, since for me the cost of using enough to coat my face daily would be too much money.

But that said it is nice and smells lovely.

Their rose moisturizing gel is also lovely and very cool feeling in summer!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
Although I will say I use it as a treat..and not everyday, since for me the cost of using enough to coat my face daily would be too much money.

Their rose moisturizing gel is also lovely and very cool feeling in summer!

I second this, I use my Rose Cream only as a everyonce in a while treat.

Blondie

Practically Family
I got this on sale at Bath & Body Works a while back ,it was so cheap that i stocked up on it, and i LOVE it, it smells divine !
I only use it in winter when my skin is dry. I would def. recommend it.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Bigelow Website

Bath & Body Website

I picked up most of the collection at a Bath & Body sale about a year ago, and filled in the gaps at the Bigelow store in Chicago's Water Tower. The moisterizer I'm particularly fond of since it is not oil-based, but a light-as-air gel.

perfectredlips

New in Town
I have used this product too and did enjoy it. VERY light rose scent...almost no scent at all. Very think cream and a little goes a long way so although the jar is small you will still get many uses from it. Having said all of that I much prefer the Queen Helene Tripple Whipped Cold Cream and have not repurchased the Rose Cold Cream. The jar is lovely though!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
Blondie said:
I got this on sale at Bath & Body Works a while back ,it was so cheap that i stocked up on it, and i LOVE it, it smells divine !
I only use it in winter when my skin is dry. I would def. recommend it.

I've seen it there. I'll check it out next time i'm there. I have really dry skin in the winter, so it would be great to find a product that was good for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy