Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cold Cream- Brands and advice!

Mary

Practically Family
moussemaker said:
Are you ladies still using the cold cream?

Yeah!! I met an old friend and she complimented me on my skin and so it must have improved! :) I'm still skipping the wet towel cause it makes me break out but I really love my cold cream. The skin just feels so clean. You should give it a try!

M

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Is it weird that I couldn't find cold cream the other night? (I've never used it before, but want to start) Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I looked by the cleansers and toners, didn't see it, then went and looked by the lotions and didn't see anything either. I do have a hard time finding alot of thing here in Tucson, but cold cream is a fairly common item.......

Maybe I just overlooked it [huh]

This was at Walgreen's, by the way....

Sunny

One Too Many
hotrodmama0201 said:
Is it weird that I couldn't find cold cream the other night? (I've never used it before, but want to start) Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I looked by the cleansers and toners, didn't see it, then went and looked by the lotions and didn't see anything either. I do have a hard time finding alot of thing here in Tucson, but cold cream is a fairly common item.......

Maybe I just overlooked it [huh]

This was at Walgreen's, by the way....

Hmm! I've found it at Walgreen's, no problem, both Pond's and the Walgreens brand. It was right in the middle of the cleansers.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
moussemaker said:
Are you ladies still using the cold cream?

I am, and I got my friend onto it after she was almost tempted into buying some Eve Lom cleanser for £48 a jar. I pointed out that cold cream not only has the same basic ingredients (the only difference being some fancy additives like chamomile and some not-so-fancy parabens) but the CC was less than 1/20th the price!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
The other area to look in....is in the hispanic products area... Both the Walgreens and the CVS near me have them..and have ponds cold cream there as well.

So if all else fails...look there. I am making the -vast- assumption that AZ has similar store arrangements to So. Cal....

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
fortworthgal said:
Are there any less greasy cold creams out there?

I've been using it morning and night for 2 days now and so far I am loving the results. However, in the mornings I use it in the shower and it is making my bathtub all greasy.

Maybe I'll just have to reserve cold cream usage for the sink area.

I have the same problem.. I am real oily!!

U have inspired me to try the Cold Cream!!

Have to make a trip to Rite Aide noW!

Smuterella

One Too Many
i only use it at night, I don't think you need a full cleanse again in the morning, i just splash my face several times with very cold water and it makes me ready to get up and at 'em ;)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Morning Ladies....

Soo last night I went on the cold cream adventure!

And I did the whole wash cloth with warm water...

I do have a very oliy face... and its also very sensitive...

This morning when I woke up.. I swear to u that I did NOT have an oily face!!! I was in shock...
THen I put my foundation on and by now (i am at work) I would have already had to pat my face down cause I am real oily...

Sooo I dont know if its the cold cream.. or the new Foundation I purchased from BOOTS...

But so far im lovin both... lets just hope I dont break out!!!
(my biggest fear)

Crossin my fingers here in Cali!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Cold cream ritual question

Ladies, if you answer this I'll be a happy bunny :)
I've been using the cold cream method since April and it works like I dream, much better than the Clinique 3-step I used since the age of 18 that was drying out my skin. I guess I have dry combination skin. It's dry and loves moisturizer but still gets some pimples and now we're coming to the point my nose and the area on each side of it has open pores/ black heads/ tends to get shiny.
In the daytime I use Cliniques pore minimizer and/or translucent powder which keep my nose matte. My question is this: what to do at night? I treat my nose the same as the rest of my skin to cold cream/ hot flannel/ toner (rose water + glycerin, sometimes witch hazel), but have stopped using moisturizer on it, both day and night. Should I/ should I not do this? I've tried using moisturizer during the night but I think it was even more shiny in the morning than when I didn't.
Obviously I splash my face etc in the morning and get rid of the shine, but I want to know how to prevent and minimize open pores and blackheads in that area. Do you give your nose a different treatment from the rest of your face? It's the only oily part on mine, and I want to treat it right. Thanks!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I've been using the Ponds cool clean classic for about a week, before that just plain ol' noxema, I love the smell! been trying to put a hot washcloth on my face to open my pores, then cold cream, then cold water on the washcloth to wipe it off. I've noticed fewer blemishes and my skin feels softer and not quite so weathered after being in direct/indirect sunlight for the majority of the work day.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
Obviously I splash my face etc in the morning and get rid of the shine, but I want to know how to prevent and minimize open pores and blackheads in that area. Do you give your nose a different treatment from the rest of your face? It's the only oily part on mine, and I want to treat it right. Thanks!

:eek:fftopic: :) I know it's not relating to cold cream, but have you tried applying a clay masque to just your nose? I am oily in my T-zone, and I've noticed the clay shrinks my pores up and has a drying/yet moisture retaining effect. I still use rice paper or blotting paper once or twice a day so I'm not just adding more powder constanstly. I alternate days, once a week I use a peel off masque, and twice a week a mint julep mask.

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
:eek:fftopic: :) I know it's not relating to cold cream, but have you tried applying a clay masque to just your nose? I am oily in my T-zone, and I've noticed the clay shrinks my pores up and has a drying/yet moisture retaining effect. I still use rice paper or blotting paper once or twice a day so I'm not just adding more powder constanstly. I alternate days, once a week I use a peel off masque, and twice a week a mint julep mask.

I so second this! I have the same nose problem and a little mint julep mask on it really does shrink the pores and help with the oiliness.

Anyway, about cold cream ya'll.....Finally found it, tried it for the first time tonight and I love it! I love the way my skin looks, it's "dewey" looking and feels so healthy and fresh. I followed up with a little witch hazel, then my neck cream, eye treatment and a little moisturizer. I also love the way it took off my mascara, and didn't burn my eyes.
I'M HOOKED!!!

P.S. I purchased the Walgreen's brand. It was about $3 cheaper than the Pond's. I read the ingredients on the back of each one, and they're exactly the same. I guess it's the name you pay for with alot of things

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Mint julep and other questions

ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
Thank you ShesSoVaVaVoom and hotrodmama0201 for your kind advice! I just went to the Body Shop and got som clay mask samples. I can't wait to try them!
I looked for a mint julep mask in different shops as well, but no one had heard of it! I'm suspecting this is yet another product that doesn't exist in Sweden... What brand do you ladies use? And do you use any moisturizer on your nose? Thanks for your help :)

P.S. Laura Chase, the cold cream I have was purchased in the U.K. However, Mary bought Jergen's (not called a cold cream, but either the same thing or close to it) in an afro-hair boutique here in Malmö.
Mary, maybe you could tell us if Jergen's is the same as the other cold creams you've tried? What are the ingredients? Your pm box is full so: vad står det på innehållsförteckningen på din jergen's (exakt o i ordning)? o bruksanvisningen? hur var den jämfört m min boot's? var det den vi använde (rosa) för att ta bort vårt läppstift på träffen?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
P.S. Laura Chase, the cold cream I have was purchased in the U.K. However, Mary bought Jergen's (not called a cold cream, but either the same thing or close to it) in an afro-hair boutique here in Malmö.
Mary, maybe you could tell us if Jergen's is the same as the other cold creams you've tried? What are the ingredients?

Okay, thank you, I just think I'll order some Pond's or Boots off ebay then. I can't believe you can't buy them in regular cosmetics shops here, it's a disaster. I'll ask around.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Laura Chase, I know for sure that Matas do a cold cream. They sell it as a winter/ski sports cream though, but I bet it could be used for cleansing. I'll check the ingredient list next time I'm in a Matas store.
I have the Boots one too, bought in the UK, and I like it apart from the strong paraffin smell. I'd like to try an all-natural one made from almond oil and rose water but I don't even know if such a thing exists!

About clay masks - I've been using a French green clay one for years. It's the bomb ... and dead cheap too. Just do a search for 'argile verte'.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Laura Chase, I know for sure that Matas do a cold cream. They sell it as a winter/ski sports cream though, but I bet it could be used for cleansing. I'll check the ingredient list next time I'm in a Matas store.
I have the Boots one too, bought in the UK, and I like it apart from the strong paraffin smell. I'd like to try an all-natural one made from almond oil and rose water but I don't even know if such a thing exists!

If Matas do a cold cream it would be just perfect, I need something cheap and convenient to take my cold cream-virginity.

Maybe some of those organic skin care lines make something that could go for a cold cream? For example The Organic Pharmacy or Jurlique. Melissa, the Danish brand, wouldn't you think they'd make something similar? I don't know which ingredients have to be in it for it to be called a cold cream?

Mary

Practically Family
I'd like to try the Matas one. Yes my coldcream was the one you used to remove lipsticks on our get-together. In my opioion it beats the boots one as it isn't as dryening and it smells really oldfashioned of roses.

It cost 80 SEK for 425 g.

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy