Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Collection Arrangements

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, nice collections, gentlemen, and JT, I've seen your wall of nice hats. I'm going to show this thread to my wife!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good grief, John! :eusa_doh: You've been holding out on us.

I love threads where people show their entire collection.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Holy Smokes, John -- that is quite the assortment of lids! Wow -- great collection! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

barrowjh

One Too Many
Many thanks to all. I really should have been photographing and posting them as they were acquired, but it just did not work out that way. I suddenly had about a half-day, and this collection collage thing seemed like a reasonable way to try and 'catch up.'

Almost all of those hats were ebay. The Beaver Brand dark choc fedora, the medium brown Miller straw, and the two straws from PB were purchased new. The dark grey Stratoliner was purchased in a vintage clothing store in Knoxville's Old Town - it is a 7 1/4 with a 2 3/4 (maybe 7/8ths?) brim, and too much hat for me, but I work at making it fit - it is a Royal Deluxe, and has fairly nice felt. The two strat boxes were found in an Antique store in Charleston, TN, and the airplane pins were from Ebay also.

I started hitting ebay in April 2007, or shortly after finding this site, which was shortly after purchasing my first fedora (the Beaver Brand, February 2007). I still troll, but just as a bottom-feeder. Got too many hats already!!

barrowjh

One Too Many
Chevalier and Kurtz collections - I really like the green 'Courtney' and the Luxe plush velvet (and quite a few others!). I saw a flagship box there in one photo, and still troll antique stores hoping to find one of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran