Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color combinations

S

Samsa

I know this has been addressed in the Lounge, both directly and indirectly, and I've studied Flusser's Dressing the Man and the pictures you have all posted in the various threads that are on topic. But I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread that has nothing but proper lists of color combinations for various types of outfits, from the head to the toes. This would serve as a warning for those of us who are color challenged, and also a ready reference for those days we don't care to spend time thinking about what hat to wear with what outfit, etc. For example, people would respond with potential colors that match for different outfits:

hat-suit-shirt/tie-socks-shoes-coat

hat-jacket-shirt/tie-dress pants-socks-shoes-coat

hat-sweater-shirt/tie-dress pants-socks-shoes-coat

hat-jacket-sweater-shirt/tie-dress pants-socks-shoes-coat

I'm guessing, if the thread has enough participation, we could come up with quite a list.

I guess these will be useful in this thread. From Apparel Arts volume 1.2, Spring 1932. No great variation in hat colour. Quite a conservative selection. The kind of hats a typical man might have on his hatstand. Colour Combinations:

ColourCombinations1.jpg

ColourCombinations2.jpg

ColourCombinations3.jpg

ColourCombinations4.jpg

bk

S

Samsa

That is excellent! Thanks for taking the time to scan those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran