Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coming this fall: ABC's "Pan Am" -- "Mad Men" in the skies?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the major airlines have regressed to the evolutionary level of Aeroflot. lol

[video=youtube;4nhjcqA5kNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nhjcqA5kNg&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;BxRlv8yOysM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxRlv8yOysM[/video]
The first one is too funny, expecially the crossing guard. The second one, I suspect some one was watching way to much decadent Amerikanski TV!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Round Engines

I can remember hearing the beautiful melody of Frontier Airlines Convair 340s taking off from our airport. You could hear the rumble of the two Pratt & Whitney R-2800s from our house. Don't care much for the sound or smell of jets. I wish they could have made the Pan Am show in the China Clipper days, much more exotic! Remember, "if God had intended for man to fly behind inline engines, Pratt & Whitney would have made them!"
0125032.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Because I'm already into Mad Men (and I've only started watching that one recently, as in last week, Season 1), I might try to watch this too. Any idea which year this show is supposed to be set, at first? I can usually guess a decade, but I have a harder time with individual years.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
If it's going to be infected with PC revisionism, then I'll skip it. Oh, I'll try it to see Christina Ricci. But it'll probably bash men, subtly or not-so-subtly, and sport other 2011 attitudes that would have been totally alien in the early Sixties.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
it just made me realize why I can never find a stewardess when I'm ready for my second cocktail :p
More likely it was your eight cocktail and they're hiding from you in the galley ........:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana