Coming this fall: ABC's "Pan Am" -- "Mad Men" in the skies?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by skyvue, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Story

Story I'll Lock Up

http://abc.go.com/shows/pan-am

:D

[​IMG]

2. Story

Story I'll Lock Up

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  3. Espee

Espee Practically Family

I remember when Pan Am went under, a news article mentioned that the famous trademark would be auctioned off for whatever use it might have in the future-- such as on suitcases, coffee mugs, t-shirts, whatever. I thought, Wow, they never got that moon shuttle going... (2001: A Space Odyssey.)
    In a few years, Guilford Transportation (northeast U.S.) was putting it on railroad cars (it looks funny there) and a small airline was going by that name. And now it's on billboards by LA International Airport-- to advertise the TV series.

4. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Funny eh? Women today think they're looking sexy? Go back in time. Women looked 500% sexier whilst being classier. Of course the same could be said for men, but we still aren't half-naked like the gals are.

5. I don't know, Butte; I saw some guys today in Hollywood that came pretty close to that half-way mark...:eusa_doh:

6. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I couldn't agree more.

7. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Shocked :)

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

West Hollywood?

9. lol No, Hollywood, Los Angeles.

10. Chasseur

Chasseur Call Me a Cab

Ah Story, now you have brought back some fine memories of watching bad horror movies in college... That one was so wierd/bad it stays with you even after all these years... ;)

11. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

The Army flew me a little during the late 60's and early 70's. It was fun. There was one flight from LAX to Sea-Tac where the stews deliberately tried to get the entire detachment drunk, even going so far as to raid the first class cabin for the remainder of their wine. It worked, too.

Today, I refuse to fly unless I can cough up enough for business class. I've flown to Africa one time too often in coach class. Never again!

12. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

Pan Am is premiering this Sunday (at least in my neck of the woods, I think it's the same everywhere.) I'm still going to watch it, and I'll try to keep an open mind.

13. I won't be home, so please let me (us) know how it was :D

14. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

I will! :) I'll watch it with my mum, too, and I'm sure other people will watch, so there will be a few slants.

15. Oh I'm sure of that lol

Thank you :D

16. Interesting that it premieres here in the States at a later date. I feel slighted...:(

17. Story

Story I'll Lock Up

Meh.

18. rcfko

rcfko Familiar Face

Agree. I expected to see more booze and cigarettes on the flight. At least they used 'cockpit' instead of 'flight deck' and 'stewardess' instead of 'cabin crew'.

19. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

CTV put their "Premieres Sunday" posters up too early :mad:

The girls weren't natural. You could tell that they were 2011 girls play-acting in the 60s. At the beginning when one of the stewardesses said "You will find a husband very quickly now!" I choked on my drink laughing.

But to be fair, the costumes and scenery were well done.