Comments You Get When You Dress Vintage

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by ITG, Jul 14, 2006.

1. MissNathalieVintage

MissNathalieVintage A-List Customer

I've gotten a few comments saying I look like Snow White.

RedDoll46 likes this.
  2. Vera Godfrey

Vera Godfrey Practically Family

I'm still building my wardrobe and don't dress in vintage a lot, but my hair and make up is always done (vintage). I also only wear skirts (or dresses if I can find them to fit). I normally get "Why are you all dressed up?" or "Where are you going looking so fancy."

MissMittens likes this.
  3. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

That seems to be the most common thing people ask, the "Where are you going/Why are you dressed up?" question, like people aren't expected to really care about their appearance anymore unless there's a "reason". It's actually kinda sad :(

St. Louis likes this.
  4. Vera Godfrey

Vera Godfrey Practically Family

I agree completely!

MissMittens likes this.
  5. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Years have passed, times have changed, I'm 1800 miles away from my last lifetime. If I dress up I usually just get complimented on the dress. I don't think vintage dressing is as "odd" as it was 5-10 years ago. I try to "dress" once a week at my job, but I work with IDD adults now and you never know who's going to throw something at you :D

LolitaHaze likes this.
  6. The1940sHousewife

The1940sHousewife New in Town

I usually get "oh I love your dress" "I love your victory rolls" and I usually blush and say thank you. Sometimes I just get glared at some by adults but mainly by kids which doesn't bother me. I remember last year I was at Disney World, my husband wanted to go see a character so I waited outside for him. I got 2 different people come up and ask me were things were. I told them I didn't work there. And then they looked at me with a strange look and walked away.

7. BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia New in Town

I get very random comments. When I dress 1940s, people say "I love your 60s look." When I'm in 50s attire, sometimes people say 70s. Too funny! I also get that I look like past Hollywood starlets, none of which I actually resemble. Still, it's a nice compliment.
    X
    BD

Trenchfriend likes this.