Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comments You Get When You Dress Vintage

Miss sofia

One Too Many
This evening i was just pottering about the house. I was wearing a raspberry pink housecoat and pincurls, as you do! My neighbour knocked on the door to deliver something. (Luckily i had me face on...). He is quite elderly and i get on very well with him and his wife, bless them. Anyway, he said to me"I knew it!"...I knew you'd answer the door looking like my Mum used to", then we laughed, gave me my letter and he went home. I took it as a compliment. He is always complementary about my outfits, if i see him messing about in his garden when i'm on my way to work.

LundyGirl

New in Town
If you guys look at my profile pic, that is my first ever time dressing retro....My husband took me to my first ever swing band concert (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy). Before the concert, we went out for dinner. I got a lot of weird looks, and I thought a lot of people were laughing at me, so I felt self-conscious, but I know that my husband loved it! After the concert I knew I had "hit the nail on the head" because every single member of the band checked me out during the autograph session!! My profile pic is me and Scotty Morris of BBVD.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hello and welcome. I can't see much of your outfit, but what i can see looks really pretty and your hair and colour are beautiful. I'm sure the people who were dining were looking at you, because these days it's unusual to see people dressed up to the nines and looking so glam! ;)

Hope to see more of your outfits! Once again, a warm welcome.

Miss S

LundyGirl

New in Town
Thanks so much Miss Sofia! It's a black knee length dress with cherries on it....I found it at a retro clothing store near me. My hair was my first ever try at a vintage hair style as well!! I didn't have any rollers so I used a lipgloss tube to curl it, and then i took my hair off it and pinned it to my forehead for about an hour, i took it out and it fell over my eye! i loved it so that's the way it stayed!! Don't think I have ever used so much hair spray in my life!!

Louise Anne

Suspended
Well I just had a nice on online, I sent a message to a photographer asking about doing a photo shoot for me , instead of sending me a " no thank you, I do not want to photograph you" email, she post over face book fan page "has just been asked to do a shoot for a cross dresser, ace."
Clearly she did not know I was on her fan page becuse I am using another user name over on F/B now.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Ugh. Reading that fills me with the urge to apologize for the human race - I'm so sorry that happened, Paul.

For what it's worth, if I were a professional photographer, I'd love to do a photoshoot with you. It'd be a lot of fun choosing outfits from your collection! :)

lareine

A-List Customer
Oh, Paul, I hope she was being sincere and not sarcastic. Otherwise that must have really stung (and reflects very badly on her professionalism). Did you get any other communication from her?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes, i hope she was being sincere too, which i'm sure is the case. It's good she appears to be cool. But it is still a little indiscreet. You are a person after all, no more no less, i hate all this gender stereotyping business. I mean would she be saying "i'm doing a shoot for a hetero woman, or a gay man"...i doubt it.

Sorry i'll step off my soapbox now.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Ugh. Reading that fills me with the urge to apologize for the human race - I'm so sorry that happened, Paul.

For what it's worth, if I were a professional photographer, I'd love to do a photoshoot with you. It'd be a lot of fun choosing outfits from your collection! :)

Your so kind pitty there not more ladies like you in this world, it means however I have more money for clothes & makup etc.
Lareine I think it's sarcastic which ever way you do not post things like that about people who are paying for a photo shoot in my opinion
I said under the post I am now not interested in working with here becuse of what she put.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Is there room for me on the soap box Miss Sofia , than you also for your kind words.
I think she been indescreet then it brings up the question also what would she do with the photos blast them around the web ,

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Exactly, not everyone on her fan page may share her opinions and it could open up a can of worms.

I have a huge soapbox C-dot, there's plenty of room for you honey! x

We can always push mine next to yours if we need even more room ;) xx

I said under the post I am now not interested in working with here becuse of what she put.

Excellent. After all, she needs you more than you need her - You can always find another, more professional photographer. :)

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Paul- you should let everyone you know how she responded to you. Not just on here, but your friends, neighbors, family members, etc. I am sure that there are many people who wouldn't want to use her services now.

To be quite honest I'd be tempted to forward a screen shot of it to my friends who are activists and let them take care of it. I'm not sure if that would be the "right thing" to do, however.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Thank you Sheeplady I am happy to just leave my own comment all here fans can read it the city she works/ live in has a very very big gay pride event so I think it will get her thinking about what she said and they way she put it.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Do you think she was being sarcastic? Or was she just being a bit indiscreet/naive broadcasting it on her page.

We have a big gay community where i live, lots of my friends, colleagues etc. At least once a day, someone, usually a colleague or acquaintance will say, "Do you know Gay Michael?, or what have you, i find it so offensive, i mean, you wouldn't say, do you know hetero Susan"? Would you? So therefore she shouldn't have made such a silly and inane comment. I do think perhaps she just didn't think, but that's no excuse however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy