Company: Durable, any other designs from them?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by regius, Aug 3, 2020.

1. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

The mythical brand Durable, has anyone seen photos/specimen of their other jackets other than the "Brando" jacket? I have only owned one specimen and it was the Brando jacket, pretty beat up and now no longer exits (huge regret).

dannyk likes this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor

Oh yeah, many! They did regular dress collar jackets, MC cross zips, coats... Pretty much the entire range you would usually see in Sears catalogs, except for military. Never saw an A-2 styled jacket by them, myself.

3. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cafe Racer?

DSC05724.jpg

Langlov quit producing leather around 1956 due to use of synthetic materials. So the jacket is pre-1956

DSC05725.jpg

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05705.jpg

DSC05703.jpg DSC05706.jpg DSC05712.jpg DSC05727.jpg DSC05754.jpg DSC05759.jpg

4. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

TM should be re-named Leatherus Maximus. Or TM, PhD in Jacketology. Something demonstrating his reservoir of knowledge lol.

5. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I agree, T definitely needs some initials after his name!

dannyk likes this.
  6. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

incredible, and thanks TM for the fast reply with photo evidence. By the way, is Durable a Canadian company? Read a Himel article from 2010 but I don't think it's Canadian no?

7. tmitchell59

Yes, it is Canadian. I know little about the company. I have seen Durable branded civilian/sport jackets. I will look at see what pictures I have in my archive.

8. tmitchell59

That Durable is a most interesting jacket. Has a bit of everything; working two button cuffs, half-belt with cinches, stand up collar, three pockets, finished in Blue colored Horsehide. It is quite small, A Ladies Jacket?

Lebowski likes this.