Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Complete Little Rascals To DVD Oct 2008!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
It looks like a nice set but there have been Little Rascals collections on DVD before, and this one is no more deserving of the name "complete" than some of those, it would seem.

There were certainly more than two or three silent LR shorts, for example.

Too bad it's not truly complete.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I think the problem with the silents is simply laying hands on decent print materials -- a lot of the negatives seem to have been chopped up for TV distribution in the fifties under various titles ("The Mischeif Makers," etc.) and what survives today is generally scattered and not in the best condition. The Roach talkies were all kept intact, with the original negatives at the Library of Congress, which makes a restoration and reissue much easier to manage.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I have had the Cabin Fever VHS set for many years, and do not see any new material hers, save for the supplementary material on disc #8. I, too am looking for a collection of the silent our gang comedies, and am disappointed that they were not included in this "complete" set.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
That series brings back lots of childhood memories. It was Alfalfa that introduced me to many of the standards from the 30's, I'm In The Mood For Love, Learn To Croon, etc.

Two of my favorite episodes have to be, "Our Gang Follies of 1938", a spoof of the movie musicals of that era and "Teacher's Pet", which introduced the beautiful
June Marlowe as Miss Crabtree.

ctree001.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner