Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conditioning Leather

willyto

One Too Many
Frye's are a bit precious.

But yeah, boots need to be cleaned. What causes cracks is a build-up of dust and grime which cuts through leather, once settled in the creases so brushing them off is essential. Adding oils helps too.
That's the main reason why brushing the shoes after wearing and before wearing is a key to longevity.

I do it all the time. Never miss a brushing.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Damn. I put that jacket through it paces too. It was a solid jacket. Typical Cal wear, nothing like I think I see in the pics. Given that, I don’t think the product mentioned in the OG post is something anyone should use.

It being small doesn’t help, but that normally leads to a separated seam somewhere. I checked and seams were still strong on this one tho. And I’m not a wiry fellow. With Cals, one area I always concern myself with is the strength of the seams. They are old, and they normally were used in more stressful situations- police on a motorcycle.

Definitely a live and learn. I’ve been there.
It was a solid jacket when you sold it to me, no issues at all. Seams are all still good, no loose threads at all. Things started going badly after that conditioner; might be coincidence but I don't think so. Won't do that again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider