Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Condolences to John Chapman (Good Wear)...

my condolence for the losses gentlemen, I'm also living completely alone this xmas after my grandma's passing, but I believe they are all in better realm now.

Oh hell... I'm so very sorry, man... I've been there as well. It was so hard at times but at the end I really miss her and I regret every time I was a douche. You have my deepest condolences.

I'm currently dealing with aging parents, and lost my best friend of 30 years a few weeks back. Went to UK to go to his funeral, etc. and in true Limey fashion, it was a fantastic trip - one of celebration, yet filled with tears. While we all enjoy our jackets and other gear, I also see this place as one filled with friends - most of whom I'll never have the privilege to meet in person.
To all that have suffered losses, I offer my best. Life has a way of sneaking up on us and I certainly wasn't really prepared for this.

And once again, very sorry to hear that... And yeah, it has a way. Been sneaking up on me one year after another, for years. Almost gotten used to it. At least once or twice every month I wake up in the morning and have to do math to understand and realize the'ye all gone. My condolences, man. Stay well.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm currently dealing with aging parents, and lost my best friend of 30 years a few weeks back. Went to UK to go to his funeral, etc. and in true Limey fashion, it was a fantastic trip - one of celebration, yet filled with tears. While we all enjoy our jackets and other gear, I also see this place as one filled with friends - most of whom I'll never have the privilege to meet in person.
To all that have suffered losses, I offer my best. Life has a way of sneaking up on us and I certainly wasn't really prepared for this.

And sadly, again, condolences to you Scott and you, Charles. I think you hit the nail on the head - I live on the opposite end of the planet, I can't imagine I'll ever get to meet you guys, but I respect your opinions and ideals and where you've come from. The point of this place is for the discussion of old school style, be it original or reproduced, and there are clearly a lot of old school gentlemen here I admire and can relate to on so many levels. I was close to both my parents, lost my Dad in 1994 and Mum 6 years ago, after nursing her through a 9-year battle with failing lungs, so I feel for you guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto