Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Confused about sizing on LL Bean DUCK Boots - Please Help

palma

New in Town
Hi Gents,

I am considering purchasing LL Bean duck boots. I have been told to size down by one or two sizes or even sizing up. I currently wear size 9 in Red Wing Classic Moc Boot and typical 9 or 10 in Nike running shoes. How would advise I should size. I cannot purchase and return very easily as I am shopping from Canada. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

ambulatingreader

New in Town
I ordered a pair of 11 wide EE , and they are loose enough for 1 pair of medium wool socks, under a pair of heavy socks. My shoe size is 11E-EE, so I'd go a 9 if you're wearing 1 pair socks, 10 if 2 pair. And the EEs are plenty wide. I got them over 10 yrs. ago, so i hope the sizing hasn't "shrunk", like in so many imported shoes, where I can't get into an XW. Good luck. And get a good pair of insoles, like Superfeet, for arch support.

ambulatingreader

New in Town
I ordered a pair of 11 wide EE , and they are loose enough for 1 pair of medium wool socks, under a pair of heavy socks. My shoe size is 11E-EE, so I'd go a 9 if you're wearing 1 pair socks, 10 if 2 pair. And the EEs are plenty wide. I got them over 10 yrs. ago, so i hope the sizing hasn't "shrunk", like in so many imported shoes, where I can't get into an XW. Good luck. And get a good pair of insoles, like Superfeet, for arch support.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wear a size 12. Both my pairs of Bean boots (one vintage, one new) are size 11s, and they fit perfectly.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
I once tried on a pair of cabelas knockoff bean boots in size 12 (my usual size) and they felt like a full 11. so this thread will be a help for me cause I will be ordering online

Todd V

Familiar Face
Being a 7.5 D/E, I found that trying on a 7D was quite loose all around and a 6D was way too small. I gave up but may try again this year and find the right sock combination.

Noirblack

One of the Regulars
This is what their website says:

L.L.Bean Boot Fit Information

The fit of the L.L.Bean Boot is generous to allow for insulation in cold weather.To wear with light or midweight socks: If you wear a whole size, order one size down from your normal size.

If you wear a half size, order one and a half sizes down.Example: If you wear either a 9 or a 9½, order a size 8.To wear with heavyweight socks: If you wear a whole size, order your normal size. If you wear a half size, order the next whole size down.Example: If you wear either a 9 or a 9½, order a size 9

BTW, if you are shopping from Canada you can still return or exchange if the boots don't fit right.

palma

New in Town
^Ah, I didn't know you could order a pair and return from Canada. But, I suppose I would incur duty charges. Have you ordered from them in the past? How much was the duty charge. I guess I will order either 8.5E or 9D. Sound reasonable...seems like they fit a lot like Red Wings because I can fit in both those sizes in the Classic moc-toe red wing boot.

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ