Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1938-Nu...ryZ52385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I liked this jacket, made in 1933.

fsj1.jpg

fsj6.jpg

fsj16.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
I keep trying to win these and continue to lose.

Often the best thing to do on an ebay auction is to post a bid for the most you are willing to pay for an item. The price only increases incrementally as each new bid is posted. So, you often will not pay anywhere near your maximum bid, people who aren't really serious won't keep bidding, you won't get sniped at the last minute. You may not win an auction but this works more often than not. Playing the last second timing gamedoes not. Happy hunting, Carter ;)

I keep trying to win these and continue to lose.

That 1933 Forest Service Norfolk Jacket is AWESOME!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Nonchalant said:
This suit arrived today, and it turned out to be even more interesting then you or I expected, BK... It has a belted back, and pleated breast and hip pockets just like Marc Chevalier's 1933 find (the one he changed the buttons on), and Benny Holiday's great custom jacket.

Amazing that the seller neglected to mention any of these details, which would have surely driven the price up more. [huh]

The suit jacket fits just the way I like it, but the trousers are so short I look like I'm ready to model for the Thom Browne catalog. I'll post pictures if your interested.

I was running a book on whether it was belt back/pleated pockets or not. I had it at 1:3 (very bad odds: i was certain that it did have such featires) that it was belted back. It clearly had patch pockets from the auction photos.

bk

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
slicedbread said:
...why did they do that?

They did that because one of the owners gained a lot of weight. I've seen this done many, many times on vintage DB jackets.

slicedbread said:
and how can u tell

You can tell because of the great distance between the jacket's hip pockets and the place where the jacket is buttoned. As it stands, the hip pockets are completely to the side, instead of curving over to the front. This is because the jacket, once double-breasted, has been "made" single-breasted.

Marc Chevalier said:
You can tell because of the great distance between the jacket's hip pockets and the place where the jacket is buttoned. As it stands, the hip pockets are completely to the side, instead of curving over to the front. This is because the jacket, once double-breasted, has been "made" single-breasted.

and also, look at the very odd placement of the buttons as they currently are . . .

bk

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Thank you very much to everyone with their prompt responses...As always, I love the opportunity to learn more and sharpen my eyes to these types of things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot