Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool old TV hat sightings

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I was watching HOT network, one of the free airwave TV channels that the digital switchover provided.
They show old TV shows and THE LAWLESS YEARS came on. Burt Reynolds as a very young thug in a very high crown center dent mid-ribbon bound edge of about 2 3/8 brim I'd say. It is in black and white but it looked mid-lighter gray and the ribbon and binding looked silver-gray.
WOW.
Several other nice lids.
Wardrobe staff did a good job on that one, the suits and the ladies' dresses were great too.

The Superman series with George Reeves has great hats and suits. If you are lucky you may get to see some of the old short subjects that became TV shows such as the Little Rascals or the Three Stooges which often contain some great fashion for the characters other than our "heros" such as some of the adults in the Little Rascals.

Some early episodes of Perry Mason will have great hats and is a great show for all of the character actors from film and TV.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Any ideas on what hat Hamilton Burger is wearing in this photo. I saw it the other night on "Perry Mason" and thought, "That is one of the greatest looking hats I've ever seen"...
a12f1b92e9fc3cf8f2ccffed79788a3c.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
Well, I've ordered myself one of these in Tawny, and Stetson Chatham, in grey/caribou, and a Stetson Temple in grey, and a Dobbs of some sort with a 2 3/4 brim in brown. And of course a Stetson Retro in Panama,

Lotsahats

One Too Many
The first season, especially, is great for 50s fashion-watching. Lots of great hats, suits, office material. 10/10, would watch again!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
We LOVE to watch the good old Perry Mason shows. Even the clothing of "Paul Drake" is some great combinations of sports jackets with lots of textures and materials that we seek out now in vintage clothing.

I agree the hat in question sure looks just like a nice Whippet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko