Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooper A-2

pjman

Familiar Face
About 20 or more years ago, I was given a new Cooper 'orange tag' A-2 jacket. I'm not sure, but I think the 'orange tag' Coopers were the commercially sold version of the Air Force-issue jacket. It's goatskin, with a brown cotton lining. What's the history and quality of these jackets? The collar has longer and more pointed tips than most A-2's I've seen. Was this a peculiarity of that contract?

Thanks in advance!

Drew

Meerkat

Familiar Face
About 20 or more years ago, I was given a new Cooper 'orange tag' A-2 jacket. I'm not sure, but I think the 'orange tag' Coopers were the commercially sold version of the Air Force-issue jacket. It's goatskin, with a brown cotton lining. What's the history and quality of these jackets? The collar has longer and more pointed tips than most A-2's I've seen. Was this a peculiarity of that contract?

Thanks in advance!

Drew
There is at least one thread if not more on this site about Coopers A2s 'eighties release'. And even more so if you google all I can say is I have one,they are tough ( ideal zip and scovill hardware)On ebay they are fetching ohhh between 150 and 200 dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland