Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooper A2 Fit Check

MJ7

New in Town
Hi all,

I was recently gifted my late grandfather's jacket. It's a civilian issue Cooper (not that expensive), but was wondering how the fit looked to you all, and of any general advice regarding it. The jacket's a little big; do you think the shoulders are passable?

I already got it wet, and kept a close eye on it in the dryer in an attempt to shrink it a bit.

Thanks!
Noah

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    934.9 KB · Views: 542

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Noah,
For a jacket that has a special significance like that, where you can remember your grandfather every time you put it on, I think it fits fine.
It does appear that the shoulders are quite wide for your frame. If you like the style and are looking for a closer fit you can use your Cooper jacket to take measurements and compare them against other A-2 jackets on the market.

Reactions: MJ7

MJ7

New in Town
Noah,
For a jacket that has a special significance like that, where you can remember your grandfather every time you put it on, I think it fits fine.
It does appear that the shoulders are quite wide for your frame. If you like the style and are looking for a closer fit you can use your Cooper jacket to take measurements and compare them against other A-2 jackets on the market.
Thanks for the response!

Are shoulder adjustments possible? Or are they generally a lost cause?

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
It's chrome tanned goat. It won't shrink. It's totally wearable and some people prefer a roomy fit. Coopers are often notoriously large in tbe shoulders. You need 18 inches and Cooper gives you 21.

This is true. My 42 is 21 inches in the shoulders :) I like the fit personally and the OPs' jacket fits pretty much perfectly everywhere else.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I think it fits fine. You have to remember these companies make jackets to fit the masses. Some guys have wider shoulders than others. If you want a better fit you'd have to spend several hundred or more to get a custom. Where it with pride, I say!

Reactions: MJ7

Kennyz

Familiar Face
Looks fine, Noah!

Ken

Hi all,

I was recently gifted my late grandfather's jacket. It's a civilian issue Cooper (not that expensive), but was wondering how the fit looked to you all, and of any general advice regarding it. The jacket's a little big; do you think the shoulders are passable?

I already got it wet, and kept a close eye on it in the dryer in an attempt to shrink it a bit.

Thanks!
Noah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ