Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordova Handmade Caps / Johnny J's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Cordova one-piece eight-dart cap in the pebble diamond twill tweed

The dimensions are 11" overall width and 2 1/4" brim at the center. I took some shots on the day I received the cap, wearing a tan gabardine suit. For better comparison of proportions, my frame is 5'8" with 38"chest/ 30"waist.

The constuction is excellent, as is the material used. Thank you, Johnny!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Gentlemen. The diamond twill tweed is a wonderful material, and I couldn't be more pleased with the color I chose - although the other colors must be just as nice.
The pebble is rather light-colored, as you can see in the images. The color rendition in the collage, however, is quite a bit washed-out. The pebble still works even with darker medium grey or with navy suits; the contrast isn't too high. Color-wise, the pebble is exactly what the name implies, a light, warm shade of grey.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I think the pebble is the best shade of that diamond twill. I have the silver/grey - but I really think the pebble is the best of the lot.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I think the pebble is the best shade of that diamond twill. I have the silver/grey - but I really think the pebble is the best of the lot.

Same here. In terms of versatility, the pebble appears to be hard to beat. Grey, brown, or navy suits, they all work with it. The lighter greys with a slight shift to the warm side are especially versatile, just like the Winchester Silverbelly felt and Art's Dove felt.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
More Vintage Fabrics

Vintage Tweed.
Colors: Brown, Beige, Grey and Blue. I think it would make a nice authentic looking vintage cap.

936662_513154298720560_1086987436_n.jpg

And this one is on its way: Vintage Blue Wool Diamond fabric.

il_fullxfull.289159482.jpg

Would make an interesting cap also.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Interesting. What is the size of the pattern on that? Can you post a pic showing a ruler on the fabric so we can see the judge the size of the pattern.

Cheers

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
TT, I just purchased that blue diamond wool fabric so I don't have it yet, but when it arrives I can take another picture.

LeFonque, the first one is a medium weight wool and the second one I'm not sure until it arrives from the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy