Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordovan Aero Bootlegger Size 44 in 4.5OZ Horsehide!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Another difficult decision, selling a wonderful Cordovan, almost Cherry Bootlegger with a tag size of 44. See detailed dimensions below. Very heavy, thick, grainy Horsehide (as per tag - FQHH) this is a rare heavy Bootlegger with an olive drill cotton lining. One inside pocket with snap closure. Jacket is clean, very well kept, no odors, no smoking or pets near this jacket. It has a light leather smell.

No storm cuffs in the sleeves, Nickel zippers on this jacket that all function well. The leather is the really special part to this jacket, just being honest, it's sort of like wearing a suit of armor. It weighs close to 10 lbs, and it's a bit of a workout just putting it on. If you are seeking something flexible & lightweight, this is not for you. Saddles are not made with this level of leather, it's something you really have to feel to believe. Leather does show a lot of grain as photos show, however there's more break-in left to do. Also this CXL Horsehide does tend to show finger scrapes more easily than others, so bear this in mind.

Dimensions:
Shoulders: 19.75"
Torso 21" (From center of the V)
Back 26"
Waist 22.5"
Pit to Pit 15"
Sleeve around the sleeve: 26"
Sleeve straight down: 24.25"

Sleeve length is what prompts this sale. I will put it up on ebay later this weekend, but giving the Lounge a chance at it first. I do not like letting this one go! But short sleeve length really annoys me.

Asking $725. Open to reasonable offers. PayPal only, $20 shipping in US, $40 in Canada, AK, HI Please ask questions, and thanks for your consideration! :)

IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4707.JPG
IMG_4714.JPG
IMG_4719.JPG IMG_4710.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4721.JPG
    IMG_4721.JPG
    869.3 KB · Views: 351

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Typo on Pit to Pit - 25" not 15"

Here's a couple fit photos as well. Does not look bad at all from these angles, however if I lift my arms, not so good! :)

IMG_4616.JPG
IMG_4617.JPG

Last edited:

MET

A-List Customer
Nice jacket and good luck with the sale.

By the way the fit is a little baggy and selling it is the right decision.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the replies, some "baggyness" is ok as it allows a sweatshirt under it. Just the arms a little long. Certainly will miss it!

Thanks for the replies, some "baggyness" is ok as it allows a sweatshirt under it. Just the arms a little long. Certainly will miss it!
For what it's worth Randy I think this looks spectacular. Spot on fit. Can't really tell about the sleeves from the pics but I will tell you if I didn't have a bootlegger due up right quick....this jacket would be headed east faster than a speeding bullet. The hide is just the kind of of CXL I love. Mega thick and heavy. Divine!!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
So, I have been having trouble wth sleeve length too. I bought a Himel Heron that was shorter than I thought. Gonna keep it anyway though. But still trying to learn How tall are you if a sleeve length of 26" is too short?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the questions & interests. I am 6' 1" and these sleeves seem to come up a bit short of 26" That around the sleeve measurement seems a little "optimistic" for me, hence the inclusion of the straight down measurement. It's really a fair bet to say it has 25" sleeves and plan upon that. Lack of sleeve length is the primary reason for the sale. :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I am 6'1", and have bought jackets that said they were 26" which turned out to be short. Maybe it is the way they are measured. Do you think i should shoot for 27". Don't see that on the used market too much. Good Luck and Thanks

I am 6'1", and have bought jackets that said they were 26" which turned out to be short. Maybe it is the way they are measured. Do you think i should shoot for 27". Don't see that on the used market too much. Good Luck and Thanks
I'm 5'11" and spec my sleeves at 27". 26.5" at minimum. Don't forget that shoulder width has a direct correlation to sleeve length. A jacket that has additional inches in the shoulders trickles down the sleeves.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Yes I agree and Tony is spot on. I knew initially that the sleeves could be just a bit short when I bought this jacket, decided to try it anyway. I can certainly wear it and 90% of people would never even notice. It just gets me a little bit. So hence time to move it along.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I'm 5'11" and spec my sleeves at 27". 26.5" at minimum. Don't forget that shoulder width has a direct correlation to sleeve length. A jacket that has additional inches in the shoulders trickles down the sleeves.

The education of Jonesy86 continues. Don't forget about the shoulder width potentially affecting the sleeve length!

はい先生

Hai sensei

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I'm not buying another Jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket.

OK, AeroFan_07, we are the same height of 6"-1". I weigh 195 lb. and am not very broad shouldered, or husky. I actually like a little extra room too in jackets for layering. However, usually I have always had to get jackets that were way too big for me, in order to get the sleeve length, or put up with the dreaded High Water sleeves. :eek: So, if you are much more broad shouldered than me, and I don't mind a little extra room for putting on a hoodie underneath...............

I just measured myself for at least the 100th time in the last several weeks since I came down with this illness, and I have 19" shoulders, a 42 chest, a 40" belly, and 24" at the hips.

Your Jackets measurements put it just past my belt in back, where I wear my pants. The front I am not sure of. On my body from the collar bone 21" puts it just covering most of my belt.

What do you think? Are you more broad shouldered enough that the sleeves will sit long enough?

Everything else looks pretty good.

Please teach me more bout this obsession? There is a chance this may work.

Dimensions:
Shoulders: 19.75"
Torso 21" (From center of the V)
Back 26"
Waist 22.5"
Pit to Pit 25"
Sleeve around the sleeve: 26"
Sleeve straight down: 24.25"

I'm not buying another Jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket, I'm not buying another jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot