Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cornwall camp

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
cornwall.JPG

Not quite Renault's camp but a snap of the yurt I stayed in, with my campaign chairs.

It had a small windy smithy cast iron stove in there, if we go next summer I think I may take some sheepskin rugs to sleep/sit on.

Warden

One Too Many
Go enjoy holidays in Cornwall, but these days I am firmly a hotel person

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Well that looks pretty cool and comfy as well!!!! Very proper camp Godfrey!

I like it! Tell us more about the trip!!!
Thank you kindly, young sir.

It was really a family holiday and the only way to get SWMBO under canvas. We had a great time, this place at the bottom of a moor (no hound of the baskervilles!) there were two yurts, a longdrop sawdust toilet, solar shower.

The yurt has a small cast iron stove so we had a fire as you do at night, despite it being August and the used an old washing machine drum to have hold a fire. I took my Melvill and Moon campaign chairs, sitting there listening to the buzzards calling each other as we watch the sun set.

I also have a couple of brass camp lights that have M&M leather holders, so we used those, so no electricity great to get away from the modern world. I used my carved wooden kuska to drink from.

It was close to the Lizard peninsular, an area I have spent a lot of time, so plenty of walking. I think a few sheepskin rugs would make the camp better.

May be I should have suggested a few targets like your lion and took an air-soft rifle, although my car was fully loaded as it was. We do not have the freedom for hunting as you have in the states.

Also cam across this young lady selling cakes with vintage crockery and packaging, and she sold the most tasty strawberry and cream cupcakes. She kindly shared the recipe with me.

http://www.popupvintageteaparty.co.uk/about.html

Want to return this summer.

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
Thanks for the update Mr. Godfrey! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!!! Making memories!!

I have been away from the lounge too long as I've been busy at work. Have missed my friends. End of hunting season so we've had the guns coming in for service. But I was able to make a hunt this past weekend. Will post a report elsewhere!

Renault

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner