Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Couple of horsehide leather questions...

Navin323i

Practically Family
HighandDry said:
That's a BIG hanger!

I got the exact hanger that you linked to at bed,bath, and beyond.

Thanks for the clarification about your cedar hanger... I'll definitely check that place out.

Though I am seriously tempted to get the BIG Ventilator hanger. I measured my Aero jacket and the hanger will definitely fit in it. From what I read on the website the hanger appears to support more of the jacket's shape given the hanger's larger size compared to normal sized hangers.

JanSolo

Practically Family
That plastic hanger looks like a monster. I bet it works well when you need to dry and reshape your jacket. But I think it's bit too much for a casual leather jacket.
The cedar wood hanger looks fine to me and it has the right dimensions. It would be ideal if your jacket sported an alpaca lining as it keeps away moths. A good wide (plastic) hanger can be had for a few bucks (or even for free) if you check the menswear department in your nearest department store. Ask and ye shall be given!

Navin323i

Practically Family
^^^ Thanks Jan! Sorry I've been away from the site for the past week... I'll be posting a new thread momentarily that will explain my "absence" with hopefully will be a cool story. :)

Just an update... I wound up going to my local "Bed Bath & Beyond" store and purchased a "Euro-sized" wood hanger (not cedar though) that will certainly meet my needs for hanging my Aero NYPD jacket. Pictures are below...

N-hanger1.jpg

N-hanger2.jpg

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hankh said:
1 Euro, that's $ 1.23 at the moment. A true bargain! ;)

Sorry you lost me... are you saying the hanger I bought is a bargain? I paid around $13.73 including sales tax. How much would a hanger like mine cost in your area?

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
hung

came in at the end of this thread, but for the last few years have gotten the larger, big ended wood hangers for my jackets from some online website...bought about 15 of them for about the same price per hanger as above. they look the same as above, so i'm assuming they are the same dimensions.

i'd expect no one who cares about their jackets would put them on anything else but one of these...the big bulbous wood ends fit perfectly into the shoulders on my 46-48 size jackets and prevent points poking up from underneath, disfiguring the leather. really the only way to go.

Navin323i

Practically Family
johnnyjohnny said:
came in at the end of this thread, but for the last few years have gotten the larger, big ended wood hangers for my jackets from some online website...bought about 15 of them for about the same price per hanger as above. they look the same as above, so i'm assuming they are the same dimensions.

i'd expect no one who cares about their jackets would put them on anything else but one of these...the big bulbous wood ends fit perfectly into the shoulders on my 46-48 size jackets and prevent points poking up from underneath, disfiguring the leather. really the only way to go.

Hey Johnny... are you saying that the hangers you got look the same as the one I got? You mentioned they look the same as above but a few folks here including myself have posted up hanger pics so I wanted to be sure.

I'm definitely happy with my hanger... it supports my jacket nicely and with the big bulbous wood ends it prevents the points poking up from underneath like what you mentioned.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
hung 2

howdy...yes, they look exactly alike except mine do not have the pant's hanging portion...aside from the fullness of the wood is the very long length from end to end, inches bigger than a normal hanger...the fullness of the wood plus the length (that puts the hanger ends in the very end of the shoulder, not leaving any to hang over) is what makes these hangers essential so as they do no damage to the top portion of the jacket :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy