Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Inexpensive Ebay find - Nocona python boots.

e440ba475ccabf2f221f7fbebaf9bcb2.jpg

Cheers! David
David,

They date to the early 1980's when they were featured by Nocona as box art.

IMG_1258.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the info, Jack. They were auctioned as "vintage" and I know they are not in the current product line. I like Nocona boots because they seem to fit me much better than the other main brands.

I'm liking the python skin - seems to be lighter and more breathable in the warm weather than my ostrich Nocona boots.

The box-art is great, shame Nocona abandoned it.

Cheers! David

Thanks for the info, Jack. They were auctioned as "vintage" and I know they are not in the current product line. I like Nocona boots because they seem to fit me much better than the other main brands.

I'm liking the python skin - seems to be lighter and more breathable in the warm weather than my ostrich Nocona boots.

The box-art is great, shame Nocona abandoned it.

Cheers! David
Nocona was always my favorite & best fit of the big 3 also, until Warren Buffett wanting Acme Brick Co bought out John Justin & had to take the 3 boot companies to get it. That's when things started to go downhill.

I'm sure you know to keep the python scales clean & conditioned so they won't start to dry out & curl up. That's when they become brittle & start to break.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Nocona was always my favorite & best fit of the big 3 also, until Warren Buffett wanting Acme Brick Co bought out John Justin & had to take the 3 boot companies to get it. That's when things started to go downhill.

I'm sure you know to keep the python scales clean & conditioned so they won't start to dry out & curl up. That's when they become brittle & start to break.

DITTO , except mine were Tony Lama . <as I've whined before .

They'll crack too . Condition regularly . I got lazy after years and years with my old TL Anacondas , the last of the pre-buyout TLs . Those look fantastic David . That little scorpion just wanted to climb up that britches leg and have a ... . I'd have done more than thump him off .

i had a pair of peanut colored lizards besides this black pair & they both came in boxes with the python artwork. The peanut lizards are long gone but I still have the black pair. As I recall without looking I believe these have the "decal" Nocona colored stamp in the tops. Bought in the early 80's. They are 4 piece lizards.

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Jack, Michael - yes I'll be sure to keep well conditioned. The skin doesn't feel as robust as some of the other types.

I've seen videos where guys remove some of the scales to make the boots look more distressed.

Joao - come to Fort Worth, you'll find a ton of places to try western boots - including the Justin outlet store that is full of Justin, Tony Lama and Nocona boots. When we first moved here I bought some. Nocona Ostrich boots there, that I wear a lot.

Cheers! David

i had a pair of peanut colored lizards besides this black pair & they both came in boxes with the python artwork. The peanut lizards are long gone but I still have the black pair. As I recall without looking I believe these have the "decal" Nocona colored stamp in the tops. Bought in the early 80's. They are 4 piece lizards.

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg
Black lizard makes for some classic looking boots. My favorite of all the exotic skins.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Black lizard makes for some classic looking boots. My favorite of all the exotic skins.

With the R toe you can wear them under suit pants & they look plenty dressy enough.

I was half asleep when I posted above & meant to say the other pair was Peanut Brittle colored, not peanut.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - come to Fort Worth, you'll find a ton of places to try western boots - including the Justin outlet store that is full of Justin, Tony Lama and Nocona boots. When we first moved here I bought some. Nocona Ostrich boots there, that I wear a lot.
I do plan to go to Texas. But probably will not have the budget to buy boots or hats :)

I didn't really need another pair of boots....but then I found these. I've got a thing for the peewees, and for the pointy toes. There's a stamp inside them that says Martinez Boots, 801 Juarez Ave. Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua.
4a020e3b7fc2a86c92fae22308606a4c.jpg
b432be1d860def17a56f898b22ecfd51.jpg
20d06a6cc51f044810ee40195439c304.jpg

Dammit, boy. Very nice. Dale, if you get a chance, a closeup of the sole and shank area, please. Love the stitching and white piping. Great profile.

Good looking pair of what I'd guess to be 1960s Hyer's I spotted at a local estate liquidators/junk store. Not my size, unfortunately. Anybody out there a 9 1/2 that might interested let me know. I'll see about getting them. They were asking $40 but would probably come down.
d9679e569e2f091144e0652396670520.jpg
e299f048f45a1dd742d5521961dfa08a.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner