Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Three more examples of Nocona box art from the series. All of the rings worn in the series say "Let's Rodeo".

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Three more examples of Nocona box art from the series. All of the rings worn in the series say "Let's Rodeo".

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg
I remember them well, Jack.

There was a dealer down here - a good drive out of the city - that had a giant fiberglass boot on the roof and huge floor to ceiling posters of that box art plastered on the front of the building. Of course, that was back in a time you could still hear George Jones played on the radio.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
When I had my store I had most of those boot boxes (and some of the related boots), as well as the posters--used them as store display.
BTW, traveling to Paul Bond's next week to get measured up and order a new (my 3rd pair)--thought it would be cool to visit and select in person. Too many options though!! Like unlimited lol.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
When I had my store I had most of those boot boxes (and some of the related boots), as well as the posters--used them as store display.
BTW, traveling to Paul Bond's next week to get measured up and order a new (my 3rd pair)--thought it would be cool to visit and select in person. Too many options though!! Like unlimited lol.

@Stringmaster let us know what you order at PBB . I know there's a lot of choices , it can be mind boggling . Cover the bases . Good luck !

NewJack

Practically Family
Been seeing some fine vintage boots in this thread which has revived my illumination of quality and vintage Wester/Cowboy boots. It's bad enough to become a novice to intermediate fedora collector. But to now becoming a scholar among the boot aficionados in this thread is...well...humbling to say the least. Nevertheless, I won't mention how difficult it is to not pass up on a nice pair of Luccheses (I was told arguably that the Handmade Classics are among the top of the line), or drool at some of the pieces displayed in this thread, or even pass on a nice vintage example of Dan Post from the late 70s-early 80s such as these listed. In spite of my owning over 13 pair of vintage and late model boots, I know I have much more to learn and long way to go to compete with with some of the collections listed. Having said that, I want to share a few pics of my Vintage Dan Post (Spanish crafted) recently plucked from the collection of an owner on eBay. Although the leather is showing signs of dryness (probably due to their inactivity for for quite a while), Lexol is dog the trick to help keep them pliable and fitting like a glove as they do!

Handcrafted, these vintage Dan Post boots are made the old fashioned way: full grain leather uppers, fully leather lined, leather insoles, leather soles, stacked leather cowboy heels, 3/4 leather welt, hand pegged shanks. According to my research, a series of Dan Post boots from this era were made in Spain. Many of the boots Dan Post made in Spain didn't show where they were made. This nice old western doesn't show it was made in Spain or the USA and while Tony Lama did make some boots in Mexico, I can't find anywhere that Dan Post made boots in Mexico especially in the late 70's, early 80's. So I suspect this is one of the styles that was made in Spain.

Keep teaching gentlemen! I'm a good student!!

Attachments

• IMG_3463.JPG
    IMG_3463.JPG
    624.5 KB · Views: 205
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 177
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 187
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 186
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 149

NewJack

Practically Family
NJ, I can't tell from your pics where your DP's were made but the DP's made under contract in Spain were made by Sendra. Sendra makes a fine boot.

Hey Hurricane! Thanks so much! I couldn't tell wither. But the info you share is great to know! From my limited understanding, I look at the shaft of a boot (flat top) to help with gathering information. and from what I've noticed with most Spanish boots, the tops are flat.

NewJack

Practically Family
Newjack, good to hear from you on this thread. Glad to hear that you are a cowboy boot fan. Those are some good looking and unique Dan Post's, particularly with the stove pipe tops. Look forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks Sir! With time, I will share. Thanks for the invite! As I gaze upon some the pieces listed here, some of my 'new' picks simply can't touch many of these! :) I just simply drool ash the sights! I purchased my first pair of Lucchese exotics (Caiman, Sharks, Lizards, and Goats) and have not looked back (another sweet addiction!) As a novice, I've made purchases often through trial and error (sizing issues, leather quality, age of boots, toe shapes, and heel heights) etc.) and learned quickly it can be an expensive lesson, to say the least! :eek: But I've become partial to most of the toe styles except for French. However, I've noted Lucchese makes a French toe that I could learn to love.

Great looking Dan Posts New Jack! I'd agree totally with your assessment. The stitching is elaborate and doesn't follow the typical pattern of U.S. or Mexican boot styles, as well as your observation about the tall, straight tops.

Boots were made in Spain for the caballeros y vaqueros long before there were any made here, so I'd say that's as fine a pedigree as could be asked for.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk