Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

That’s for sure. I often call at the Justin outlet here in Ft Worth where they sell all three brands.

The sizes are all over the place.

For me, 10D in Nocona usually will fit (but not always), I can’t get 10D TL on to save my life and 10E or 10.5D are too big.

Justin 10D are sometimes too big and sometimes too tight in the same size.

My best successes have been with used 10D Nocona from eBay.

Cheers! David
David, I’ve always gotten the best fit from Nocona also. Used to always get some heel slippage with TL’s even with boot socks until they would seat in.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Both Paul Bond & Bob McLean build nice Packers on any platform you want. If you want other off the shelf options Drews has been mentioned, White's & Wilson's both make Packers also.

Paul Bond
35b634a9202dc2794f91a161bed2501a.jpg

Paul Bond
images

Bob McLean
943232444ef1bc2667fd5f37a2e1f689.jpg
Checked out Paul Bond & Bob McLean. They make some really beautiful boots. A little bit out of my ballpark price wise, but I'm sure they are wort every penny.

I liked these "casual" packers. Sharkskin eh. $995 is cheap compared to some of their stuff. Maybe get those in red (with that stitching), on black shark.

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 9.37.13 AM.png

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David, I’ve always gotten the best fit from Nocona also. Used to always get some heel slippage with TL’s even with boot socks until they would seat in.
Here are my Nocona black ostrich, along with some of my leather work. Nothing like those beautiful customs but very comfortable.
81878068f23f11e3232a19c25ea3870f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another awesome pair of boots! I am really enjoying seeing the custom boots. The more photos the better!

Dale has some nice vintage Rocketbusters among others. You can go back several pages here for pics or maybe he can post some new ones.

Jonsey, they won’t stitch on Shark. It’s too tough to get a needle thru. Probably wouldn’t show up because of the grain anyway.

DD, I like your holsters. I need a nice tooled holster for a pearl handled 1911 Commander that’s my BBQ gun.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Jonsey, they won’t stitch on Shark. It’s too tough to get a needle thru. Probably wouldn’t show up because of the grain anyway.
Yea, I meant the stitching on the calf top. Don't think I'm gonna be buying any sharkskin boots anytime soon. But it is really cool. I even saw some elephant skin boots.

Desert dog

I like every boot I've seen here. I would wear the flashy ones in a heartbeat!

I dumped some pics from files a while back to save space so I'm going to have to reshoot some pics.

These are Tres Outlaws (before Falconhead); 16" Electric Blue tops with windows & 12 row red stitching & piping. 2-1/2" heels with chocolate shark counters. They look really good worn with a pair of new blue jeans. They draw a lot of attention from passing cars when riding the motorcycle.

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

Desert dog

I dumped some pics from files a while back to save space so I'm going to have to reshoot some pics.

These are Tres Outlaws (before Falconhead); 16" Electric Blue tops with windows & 12 row red stitching & piping. 2-1/2" heels with chocolate shark counters. They look really good worn with a pair of new blue jeans. They draw a lot of attention from passing cars when riding the motorcycle.

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg
Those are amazing, the tops are definitely to beautiful to cover up!

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

I love contrast in a boot and the tops and the sharkskin counters just set them off.

Like HJ, I recently deleted my storage of photos and searching for them here is an exercise in futility. Here is a pair of full quill ostrich by Jesse Bogle. His stitch patterns are somewhat unique and I have a pair of black cherry elephants with the same stitch pattern. Also unique to him, are how he finished his "bottoms". Most boot makers don't refer to them as soles. No evidence of pegging but some of the tightest rolls to the arch I have ever seen in a cowboy boot and plenty heavy enough to withstand standing in an oxbow stirrup, common with a lot of SW cowboys. His bottom finishing remains somewhat of a mystery. I've made inquiries to other boot makers and none have fully explained it. I'm not sure they understand it.
CIMG3616.JPG
CIMG3617.JPG
CIMG3618.JPG
CIMG3619.JPG
CIMG3621.JPG
CIMG3622.JPG

Desert dog

Like HJ, I recently deleted my storage of photos and searching for them here is an exercise in futility. Here is a pair of full quill ostrich by Jesse Bogle. His stitch patterns are somewhat unique and I have a pair of black cherry elephants with the same stitch pattern. Also unique to him, are how he finished his "bottoms". Most boot makers don't refer to them as soles. No evidence of pegging but some of the tightest rolls to the arch I have ever seen in a cowboy boot and plenty heavy enough to withstand standing in an oxbow stirrup, common with a lot of SW cowboys. His bottom finishing remains somewhat of a mystery. I've made inquiries to other boot makers and none have fully explained it. I'm not sure they understand it.
View attachment 88419 View attachment 88420 View attachment 88421 View attachment 88422 View attachment 88423 View attachment 88424
Those are unique! I've never seen bottoms like that. And the tops show so much definition. I love that color of the ostrich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn