Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the info guys. I have a pair of 11 1/2-D Frye ropers I got 30 years ago that fit well. Also picked up a pair of 12-D Justin packers last year that fit well too. I called Lucchese and they said to go with your dress shoe size, so I guess I’ll keep hunting for a size 12-D.
[emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just got a hankering for some Lucchese boots. Never really considered exotics but these look kinda cool. They don't seem too worn down as the sole stitch channel and thread look decent, and not too much wear on the heel from what I can tell.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucchese-C...628865?hash=item21480b6c01:g:Aj4AAOSw9r5bn-jh

Wouldn't know where to go with a bid though. Any thoughts?

I like these new ones for $545 too.

jonesy, those are from the 1883 line and I'm not a fan. They changed the construction methods some years ago and the soles are no longer pegged. Construction just seems shoddy. They're not US made.

I think that was a fair price on the auction boots and look exactly like the ones I had. Similar boots from them sell new for around $1200.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
jonesy, those are from the 1883 line and I'm not a fan. They changed the construction methods some years ago and the soles are no longer pegged. Construction just seems shoddy. They're not US made.

I think that was a fair price on the auction boots and look exactly like the ones I had. Similar boots from them sell new for around $1200.

Wow, the Classics aren’t cheap but I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I got a pair of Ostrich boots that had been sold by someone who had the Sheplers price tag on them. They were $750 on the tag, but I got them for $275 shipped. They had four pegs in the sole. Dont know if they are classics or the 1883 line, but they did not show up on either line on Lucchessi's site. I think they were special made for Sheplers. Anyway, classic or 1883, the only boots I have that run true-to-my-dress-shoe size, that is, 9D in dress shoes, same in the Lucchessi, Also, the most supple leather of any boots or shoes that I own, so I am more than pleased considering the price I paid.

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm definitely on the hunt for a deal on pair of Lucchese (Classics I think), not necessarily exotics.

jonesy, I have boots made from a lot of different animals and calf is still my favorite and those look great. Classic color and a corded shaft with a good starting price. Very little wear on the boots. The model #, L1008 indicates a classic. Though they've used a few different letters over the years, the L is from the classic line.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
jonesy, I have boots made from a lot of different animals and calf is still my favorite and those look great. Classic color and a corded shaft with a good starting price. Very little wear on the boots. The model #, L1008 indicates a classic. Though they've used a few different letters over the years, the L is from the classic line.
Thanks! Kinda seems like a no brainer. Just put in a bid, waiting to hear back.
:)
Edit:
He accepted $250

Last edited:

Mercer

One of the Regulars

Actually, that particular style from the 1883 line is indeed US-made. With the 1883 line, if the style number starts with M, then it's made in Mexico. But if it starts with N, T, or C, or any letter other than M, then it's made in the US.

Actually, that particular style from the 1883 line is indeed US-made. With the 1883 line, if the style number starts with M, then it's made in Mexico. But if it starts with N, T, or C, or any letter other than M, then it's made in the US.

Thanks for the input. Way more knowledgeable than I am about Lucchese. Still a full welted, flat sole piece of junk with a padded insole. JMO.

Anyone have a recommendation for boot trees?

Jonesy, Lucchese sells a cedar boot tree for $35, about the same price as M&F boot trees and look about the same. I have a couple pair of trees that look like the M&F's but I'm not sure what brand they are.

In regards to saddle soap, I don't use it on my boots. If you use it, I reccomend one that doesn't contain silicone. I use a Ivory dish soap when I wash mine. It's PH neutral and rinses away easily.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
^^^can we see what a good boot tree looks like?? Please!!
B
Ps: a tip from me...a baby’s hair brush is great to use for a super soft scrub.
Works on boots and even hats, ribbons etc if you ever wanna take one in the shower. Happens!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner