Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

MarkStar

New in Town
Not nearly as fancy as some of y'all's, but here are my Redwing 1472s...
IfvMi6I.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A21ED881-EBAB-46F5-BD0C-9A2B5A0DBFB6.jpeg
15434561-2EC7-45A5-A179-9CAC10F0C429.jpeg
529CA7F9-64AC-43C3-A2FE-39E62BB73C80.jpeg
6B1BC49A-5C33-4CB3-A030-92B1CBCEA199.jpeg
77CDF2E0-1621-4AF7-A722-C2731E9C90B7.jpeg
CD0F7E91-7D30-4658-9C20-8C154975B25E.jpeg
1AA02310-107B-432D-9E37-0AD01124913E.jpeg
F4D6EA02-3B43-44F6-9EDE-FF718E118357.jpeg
911CE18E-715A-47AC-B658-C08506BBBED1.jpeg
Greetings All:
Well, i’m pretty stoked on these $45 Stewarts i accidently ran across. Prob the best $ i ever spent. My first and only cowboys were Stewarts and a birthday present around 1979-82. They were new horse hides. Until last year they were the only ones i had and are so sweet to wear, so soft and nice.
I believe these are about the same age and horse hide as well. You can tell by the pics, so soft.
These are basically unworn and probably scuffed from being thrown around the closet for 35+ years. The soles aren’t even scuffed and the stitching thread ends still hang out. The stitch pattern threads are as new and i really dig this contrasting pattern. A time capsule boot!!
Enough!! Yes i dig em!!
Be well. Bowen

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man those are Nice! The toe and heel look killer, and the stovepipes look classic!
View attachment 135756 View attachment 135757 View attachment 135758 View attachment 135759 View attachment 135760 View attachment 135761 View attachment 135762 View attachment 135763 View attachment 135764 Greetings All:
Well, i’m pretty stoked on these $45 Stewarts i accidently ran across. Prob the best $ i ever spent. My first and only cowboys were Stewarts and a birthday present around 1979-82. They were new horse hides. Until last year they were the only ones i had and are so sweet to wear, so soft and nice.
I believe these are about the same age and horse hide as well. You can tell by the pics, so soft.
These are basically unworn and probably scuffed from being thrown around the closet for 35+ years. The soles aren’t even scuffed and the stitching thread ends still hang out. The stitch pattern threads are as new and i really dig this contrasting pattern. A time capsule boot!!
Enough!! Yes i dig em!!
Be well. Bowen

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
9DD923D1-1EAC-4378-BD01-14F9ADD2FBF2.jpeg
7546776D-0CF0-4825-B778-B3A4D93ECFC9.jpeg
1A03CE21-E372-4F0B-8779-0FAA62577407.jpeg
Greetings All:
Ok...here’s another reason my lazy self didn’t make to the post office. The post office made it to me.
My $16 project boots showed up. I figured them to probably be junk but am pretty surprised how comfortable. I liked the look of all the overlays and thought maybe i could refurb and change em up a bit. We’ll see.
Code West uglies. I think i’m good for awhile with boots.
Be well. Bowen

Last edited:

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
View attachment 135756 View attachment 135757 View attachment 135758 View attachment 135759 View attachment 135760 View attachment 135761 View attachment 135762 View attachment 135763 View attachment 135764 Greetings All:
Enough!! Yes i dig em!!
Be well. Bowen
Score!!

Enough!! Yes i dig em!!
Be well. Bowen

Damn, Bowen you've been on a roll. Nice Stewart's. I'm not a fan of the contemporary Stewart's but those old ones are something. If you haven't, look up some of the history of Stewart boots. It started out as Stewart-Romero in California making what some referred to as "Hollywood" boots. Highly collectible. After the partners split, Stewart started up in AZ. Stewart boots made James Dean's boots for the movie "Big".

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Damn, Bowen you've been on a roll. Nice Stewart's. I'm not a fan of the contemporary Stewart's but those old ones are something. If you haven't, look up some of the history of Stewart boots. It started out as Stewart-Romero in California making what some referred to as "Hollywood" boots. Highly collectible. After the partners split, Stewart started up in AZ. Stewart boots made James Dean's boots for the movie "Big".
Damn!! Bama!! Cool!
That old girlfriend (ex-wife) could pick em!!
James Dean!! If i tell her that, she’ll re-file and demand custody!
Hush hush is the word! Lol
Thanks man, they are nice.
B

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What do you look for in the photos when buying boots online? How do Lucchese run size wise?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have never bought used boots on eBay. Any tips? I’m considering these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucchese-c...nip-toe-size-11-5-D-made-in-usa-/192641503665

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are good looking boots! I have no experience with Lucchese, but have bought used boots from eBay and others. I usually look at the sole stitching channel. If the channel is intact and no thread worn away, you are usually good to go. Heels will also tell something about wear. My wife and I both have some well worn, older boots, with the channel and stitching well worn into. Still some pretty good boots, but more of a gamble.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What do you look for in the photos when buying boots online? How do Lucchese run size wise?
Thanks!

Dd is spot on about wear and those are probably the most important things to look for in regards to wear. Lucchese Classics may fit you a little bit differently than makers of the same size, jonesy. The Classics are built on what Lucchese calls a "twisted cone" last. If you have a spot where you can try some on to establish your fit, that's the direction I would go.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the tips guys. Do you think Lucchese run a bit big, or do they fit to size. I wear a 12 in many shoes but often take a 11.5 in boots. This is what they say on their web page.

Lucchese boots fit differently than shoes, sneakers and sandals — our fit is designed to be snug, yet comfortable. In general, western boots can run slightly large; so don't be surprised if your boot size is smaller than your shoe size.

Thanks for the tips guys. Do you think Lucchese run a bit big, or do they fit to size. I wear a 12 in many shoes but often take a 11.5 in boots. This is what they say on their web page.

Lucchese boots fit differently than shoes, sneakers and sandals — our fit is designed to be snug, yet comfortable. In general, western boots can run slightly large; so don't be surprised if your boot size is smaller than your shoe size.

Difficult question to answer, jonesy. Fit can be a subjective thing. Some want a snug boot, some a little loose. All chefs don't use the same chef's knife, do they? I've only owned one pair of Lucchese Classics and they were fine boots and they seemed to fit true to size to me. As I mentioned the last they use, the boots had a bit of a different feel. Not bad, just a bit different than what I was accustomed to.

Take into consideration whether your foot has a high arch or if you are flat footed, then see if the boot you are looking at is a high or low arch boot. High arch boots tend to fit more snug across the top of your foots arch than low arch boots do. Low arch boots are going to be more roomy. Bookmakers & boot companies tend to make one or the other. All of the so called "Valley boots" for example tend to be low arch because all the bookmakers learned from & worked for each other at one time or another. So they all make the same basic boot.

The heels (not necessarily the replaceable heel caps) on used boots can tell you a lot about how a person walks. So pay attention to the heel blocks along with the pegs & stitch channel when looking a specific pair of used boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ