Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Been Looking at it since you posted it and I don't see it either. Quite the pair of boots. 20% tax. Damn!
I always thought the $300 price tag was due to the silver caps but I don't know. This was post war late 1940's. Maybe there was still a tax on precious metals? Ever see any such listing from Bohlin during that time?

Take a look at what used to be available in a factory boot. I really need to stay away from the bay.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Here's a pair from the Hyer catalog I've tried to figure out for a long time. I just can't see the leaf pattern from the description. What I see makes me think of animal tusks. I have studied the illustration & played with enlarging it but that's all I see.

View attachment 132705

View attachment 132704

IMG_8342.png
I see the tusks, but also the leaf. You have to look at the whole cutout, the red or brown part, and it's vaguely a leaf shape. A leaf shape with some elephant tusks on it. Maybe it was for Bama fans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I see the tusks, but also the leaf. You have to look at the whole cutout, the red or brown part, and it's vaguely a leaf shape. A leaf shape with some elephant tusks on it. Maybe it was for Bama fans.

Still can't see it but I'll keep trying.

Hyer also offered two versions of a tooled top boot. Would like to see the version with the stained background.

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
83F16971-DA3B-486E-B696-7421B13AD2CE.jpeg
04B67EE7-33FB-4FD4-A2C2-69808B44BAE0.jpeg
Greetings All again:
Incoming. When it rains it pours, a bit!
I guess sometimes you just have to make the same offer more than once!
Lama Bullhides. Looks like he was a rough old boy.
Now...if i get something in “bird” i think i have all the animal Kingdoms covered. Lol
No flora stuff though...nup!
Be well. Bowen

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like those hides and red tops. Nice.
View attachment 134595 View attachment 134596 Greetings All again:
Incoming. When it rains it pours, a bit!
I guess sometimes you just have to make the same offer more than once!
Lama Bullhides. Looks like he was a rough old boy.
Now...if i get something in “bird” i think i have all the animal Kingdoms covered. Lol
No flora stuff though...nup!
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
@AbbaDatDeHat, Good looking boots, B. I especially like the color and stitching on the stingrays. Here's you something in the "fowl" family to be on the lookout for. Some Gallapava boots, though I prefer ostrich.
View attachment 134614
Not bad lookin B. And yes i had to hit Google to find out what it is. Smart they went with the Linnaean Taxonomy name cause Turkey boots don’t get it!! Ha
Next to Thanksgiving, that’s the best a gobbler can do!! Lol
B

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't know if I could wear turkey boots, I might be tempted to chew on them. Way to much temptation for my dogs!
Not bad lookin B. And yes i had to hit Google to find out what it is. Smart they went with the Linnaean Taxonomy name cause Turkey boots don’t get it!! Ha
Next to Thanksgiving, that’s the best a gobbler can do!! Lol
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner