Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
I just picked up these Anderson Beans on ebay. I've been looking for a plain pair of roughouts for some time, and these are even 11.5B. For the $ I couldn't pass them up.

upload_2018-8-10_7-8-1.png

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice!

I had a similar pair in high school, but lighter colored. They were pretty popular style back then, and even now I really like the look.

Congrats on the find.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks dh66! I am enjoying them.

NewJack

Practically Family
Gents! I've posted here a while back (Dan Post Ostrich boots) and since then have increased my knowledge of and collection of Western/Cowboy boots. I purchased these for a song on eBay and cannot wait for their arrival. Not much to go on regarding age. However, they are Nocona Legacy Calfskin. There's not a mark/scratch on 'em and I couldn't resist as they are my size (10D) and the skins look soft and pliable. Nocona still manufacture the Legacy line. But they don't look anything like these! (Thank goodness!). Upon arrival, I will share pics with them upon my tootsies...

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 107
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 104
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 100
  • s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 104
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 115

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
Incoming:
When I was at a recent horse event at Tejon Ranch, Osuna Boots had a booth. I have some friends who are very happy with their Osuna's and I was really impressed with the quality. So..I had Esteban measure me up and placed an order. I was originally going to go for something different (i.e. a lower top), but I always tend to get sucked in by the tall Buckaroo style boots. He had a really nice and super heavy oily shoulder leather that I liked, and we decided to go rough side out on them. I originally ordered them with a full rough out, tops and and all, with a simple stitch pattern. But the next day I changed my mind and we decided on a heavy black top. Esteban talked me into going with lots of rows of stitching (I think 10). I gave him a little liberty with the collar, etc, and he made them a bit fancier than I was imagining as they are going to be a work/riding boot--but I think they came out quite nice and they are going to be very sturdy. I went with a little lower heel than I usually go with for a riding boot so I can walk in them a little easier. He's meeting me this Thursday as he passes through our area on the way to a show in Northern California to deliver them and make sure the fit is spot on, etc. Great guy, great service, and great boots!

Desert dog

Those are Nice! The stitching and the collars really make a beautiful touch. The heels look great too.
Incoming:
When I was at a recent horse event at Tejon Ranch, Osuna Boots had a booth. I have some friends who are very happy with their Osuna's and I was really impressed with the quality. So..I had Esteban measure me up and placed an order. I was originally going to go for something different (i.e. a lower top), but I always tend to get sucked in by the tall Buckaroo style boots. He had a really nice and super heavy oily shoulder leather that I liked, and we decided to go rough side out on them. I originally ordered them with a full rough out, tops and and all, with a simple stitch pattern. But the next day I changed my mind and we decided on a heavy black top. Esteban talked me into going with lots of rows of stitching (I think 10). I gave him a little liberty with the collar, etc, and he made them a bit fancier than I was imagining as they are going to be a work/riding boot--but I think they came out quite nice and they are going to be very sturdy. I went with a little lower heel than I usually go with for a riding boot so I can walk in them a little easier. He's meeting me this Thursday as he passes through our area on the way to a show in Northern California to deliver them and make sure the fit is spot on, etc. Great guy, great service, and great boots!

Incoming:

Fine looking boot, Sm. HJ is an Osuna fan and I can understand why you both are.

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
Incoming:
Really nice end result. Keep us posted on how they break in, please.

RJR

Incoming:
Very nice.

Incoming:
A beautiful work of art & design, String! I love the collars & the teardrop window pulls. I'm a big fan of Osuna. Their stitching is top drawer! On the same quality as your PB's, you will not be disappointed.

Osuna & PB always furnish quality hides & skins, & they are about the only bookmakers left who will work with Shark. These are mine (pic posted before from my files).

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5195.JPG

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
^^
Those sharks are nice! I did consider shark and hippo, but the problem is there are too many options with a custom boot, and I tend to agonize over what I want!! I didn't realize how much labor went into the stitching--but since it's done by hand, it's time consuming--hence an upcharge for more rows.
Thanks all, will report back.

RJR

A beautiful work of art & design, String! I love the collars & the teardrop window pulls. I'm a big fan of Osuna. Their stitching is top drawer! On the same quality as your PB's, you will not be disappointed.

Osuna & PB always furnish quality hides & skins, & they are about the only bookmakers left who will work with Shark. These are mine (pic posted before from my files).

View attachment 131000
View attachment 131001
Those are beauties HJ.

Desert dog

I can see their leather is exceptional. The stitching is beautiful on the tops, but the grain on the tops is a perfect canvas. The shark is beautiful!

View attachment 131000
View attachment 131001

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 131000
View attachment 131001
These boots are friggin outstanding!!
I really like the curvature of the sole coming into the toe. Amazing sharkskin!
Down the road these are gonna look even more amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21