Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

These Star Wars boots by Rocketbuster are some next level sh*t. I wouldn't be interested in wearing these but that makes me no less blown away by the artistry and craftsmanship that went into them.
567a0acd85d8b611466d2e79133c9765.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Don't forget, Cuz you can get a pair of Ariat Catalyst VX cowboy boot for much less.
image.jpeg

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
Not even if they were giving them away.

I won't debate the look of the boot because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I tried a pair on and they were very comfortable. That being said, I can't see a time that I'd buy a pair.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Looking for Cushioned Socks That Stay Up with Western Boots

I've worn lace-up boots, typically logger-style, for all of my adult life. My wife recently talked me into trying a pair of nice engineer/western style boots as a little bit dressier boot. Now I remember one reason I gave up cowboy boots in my early teens - they eat socks! I can't get my socks to stay up after walking just a few minutes.

Now, to be fair, I've always worn heavy wool socks, which work great with my logger work boots. They stay up great, of course, because they are held firmly in place by the lace-up boot. But, they probably are not the best choice for "cowboy" boots because they are soft and heavily padded.

I figure some of you in this thread have found a solution. I want some pretty-well padded socks (because I've already bought the boots sized to the thick socks) that go over the calf and that are made to stay up even if I walk much of the day. They don't have to be wool although I would prefer at least some, and I don't mind to pay for good socks as I only need a couple pair. I am a big guy (size 12 boot) with bigger calves from walking a lot. Do any of you have recommendations for currently available socks that would work for me?

Many thanks!
Regan

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars

I've worn lace-up boots, typically logger-style, for all of my adult life. My wife recently talked me into trying a pair of nice engineer/western style boots as a little bit dressier boot. Now I remember one reason I gave up cowboy boots in my early teens - they eat socks! I can't get my socks to stay up after walking just a few minutes.

Now, to be fair, I've always worn heavy wool socks, which work great with my logger work boots. They stay up great, of course, because they are held firmly in place by the lace-up boot. But, they probably are not the best choice for "cowboy" boots because they are soft and heavily padded.

I figure some of you in this thread have found a solution. I want some pretty-well padded socks (because I've already bought the boots sized to the thick socks) that go over the calf and that are made to stay up even if I walk much of the day. They don't have to be wool although I would prefer at least some, and I don't mind to pay for good socks as I only need a couple pair. I am a big guy (size 12 boot) with bigger calves from walking a lot. Do any of you have recommendations for currently available socks that would work for me?

Many thanks!
Regan
You might look at the Darn Tough line--they have several over-the-calf models. I have the Westerner (which is on the lighter side), and a pair of the Mountaineering socks which are very heavy that I got to go with a pair of boots that are a bit too big on me. I think they make some in between thicknesses too. Very well made, guaranteed to last, and no problems with them staying up! And they have lots of sizes too.
www.darntough.com

Woodtroll

One Too Many
You might look at the Darn Tough line--they have several over-the-calf models. I have the Westerner (which is on the lighter side), and a pair of the Mountaineering socks which are very heavy that I got to go with a pair of boots that are a bit too big on me. I think they make some in between thicknesses too. Very well made, guaranteed to last, and no problems with them staying up! And they have lots of sizes too.
www.darntough.com

Thank you, I’ll take a look. I’d glanced at them a few years back before I started wearing the Redhead merino socks in my work boots. I remember they were kinda pricey, but a pair or two would fill the niche I need and if they work would be a good investment. The older I get the more important good footwear is to me.

Thanks again!
Regan

Mercer

One of the Regulars

Many thanks!
Regan

Dan Post Cowboy Certified Socks -- until I discovered them, I had basically resigned myself to the idea that boot socks that stay up just didn't exist. But I was wrong. I never have to pull these socks back up when I wear boots; they always stay up!

I haven't had Tony Lama lizard tips since the seventies! These are later than that, but 11ee, for a low price, I couldn't pass.
38db9727dfdc132f15016d19234e3a76.jpg

Nice!

I had a similar pair in high school, but lighter colored. They were pretty popular style back then, and even now I really like the look.

Congrats on the find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko