Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jack Scorpion, May 17, 2005.

1. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Wanna bet, that boot-cut jeans are big deal, next time?

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

I wore ankle length ones back in the day; I was the height of cool in those in 1991! I think Im' more a shoe guy by now. Fascinating howq big an industry this is - seems even moreso sometimes than Engineer boots?

Boot cut? Stealth flares. Unacceptable.

Bamaboots likes this.
  3. tmal

tmal One of the Regulars

Just bought a pair of Ariat crepe soled pullon workboots. I really like them,but one problem. The right fits perfectly. The left one is a little loose. It is not as tight at the instep, the heel seems just a bit looser, and boot seems to rock back and forth add I walk. Not a lot, but just enough that I can feel the difference. Now everyone knows how to stretch boots, but how to tighten then up? I measured the boots carefully and they have the same dimensions.

dh66 likes this.
  4. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Maybe tighten up with some extra (damping) insoles?

5. dh66

dh66

It's pretty normal for one foot to be just a little different size than the other. Getting the boot soaking wet and letting it dry could help with the shrinking, but I wouldn't necessarily reccomend that for a particularly nice pair. Just wearing them a lot will help them mold to your feet, body heat and perspiration and all that will do the work over time. If it's extra uncomfortable you might wear a thicker sock on the smaller foot for awhile if you don't want to soak the boot. If you do decide to get it wet, be sure to condition it well after it dries. Use Bick or Cadillac or something comparable. Red Wing makes a good boot oil for work boots, but it's heavier than the other two I mentioned. Great on work boots but I think it's a little too much for real nice ones

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. Mercer

Mercer Familiar Face

I wore my Red Wing Pecos 1155s yesterday for the first time in a couple months (I don't really like wearing boots in warm weather). Instead of my usual boot socks I paired them with old-school long white tube socks with stripes! Don't worry; I would NEVER wear those socks with shorts -- only long pants and boots. I guess I like the combo because it's out of the ordinary, and nobody has to know but me and whoever I happen to share my "secret" with.

73016654_10156662576062546_8066476381829070848_n.jpg 72753863_10156663172762546_8686892864526876672_n.jpg

7. No judgment here ...

upload_2019-10-19_14-7-13.png

8. Mercer

Mercer Familiar Face

Cool socks, but those are boot socks with colored tops and the Tony Lama logo. ;)

Does Tony Lama still make socks by the way? I've never seen any in any western store.

BobHufford likes this.
  9. Not sure. These were NOS in a bag in my late father-in-law's stuff.

Mercer likes this.
  10. This pumpkin spice thing has gone too far!

IMG_6113.JPG

11. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Some old school Paul Bond stitching. Don't know how they kept that variegated thread lined up on each stitch line.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  12. I've never been a big fan of variegated stitching but the yellow, orange & blue looks good on the green top. Are those For Sale somewhere?

13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  14. Nice busy stitch pattern too. Probably can't get them to reproduce the pattern & quality now, plus today's prices. Have to live with the initials but I wonder if the tops could be fitted with new vamps size 12?

15. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

If the throat and heel measurements are close to what you wear, maybe. Looks like the tops are about to have a come-apart at the V of the scallops.

16. Probably worth rebuilding if they were close in size.

Bamaboots likes this.
  17. dh66

dh66

Spotted these classic looking ACME peewees in a junktique mall yesterday. Too small of a size, too big of a price so I left them sitting there. [​IMG]

18. dh66

dh66

Did I need another pair of cowboy boots? Not one bit. Did I buy another pair anyway? Hell yes I did. 1950s era Tony Lama black labels that look like they were previously owned by a little old lady who only drove them to church on Sundays.....that fit like they were made for me. What was I supposed to do?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Desert dog

Desert dog My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sometimes a man has no choice, but to pull the trigger! Great score, the toes are really nice. Nice condition too!

dh66 likes this.
  20. dh66

dh66

Thanks DD. I was blown away by the shape these were in. They look like they couldn't have been worn more than a couple of times.

Desert dog likes this.