Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Kato

Familiar Face
This is 1986 vintage Redwing Pecos boots with new leather mid sole and Vibram sole replaced.

I hv just cleaned and polish it today.

left side : cleaned before polishing
_MG_3241.JPG

_MG_3246.JPG

shoe polish in dark brown color is add
_MG_3248.JPG

after polishing, several layers of dark bown shoe wax is added
_MG_3249.JPG

Mirror shine effect ^^
_MG_3252.JPG

_MG_3254.JPG

Last edited:

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Not a cowboy boot but wasn't sure where to post. I rarely wear my black luchese teju lizard because the cowboy heels are not as comfortable any longer. Found these online for half at $37.00 (JCP.) Not a high end boot /wintipshoe but very comfortable and more than I would expect for the price. Will go nicely with my modified Akubra Boss pictured. Quite comfortable right out of the box.They are listed as brown but more of a cordovan, making them quite versatle. :cool: wingtips.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
Former Famous Boots...Show and Tell!

Hey Frank, Your post about your Montie Montana boots got me to thinking about those boots we own that have shod famous feet. I have a pair of wild hand-tooled Tres Outlaws that belonged to Gene Autry's pilot (how's that for third-hand fame?) And a magnificent pair brown Calf Stallions
17805792-md.jpg

that belonged to a (Canadian) NFL player named Bialek. Both are barely broken in. So naturally, I wondered what else is out there. SHOW AND TELL!:eusa_clap
Ray

dh66 - I used to have a pair that your wife's reminded me of. They used to belong to Montie Montana, an old trick roper and actor (did the indoor roping scene in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance), who was a good friend of my grandfather's. I grew out of them, as he was a small guy, and I'm not, but I'd give anything to have them now just to put on display. Similar inlay style to yours, but with red, white and blue, and almost knee length. They were made by Paul Bond, so really put together to last. They got lost in a move, and left in a damp garage to rot. If you look up photos of Montie leading the Rose Parade in years past, he is sometimes wearing the same boot. I wish Ariat made those in men's as well. Frank.

Nice ones. Elephant is an interesting hide.

Both outstanding pairs Tip Top. That is a very rich shade of brown on the smooth ones, and I really like the toes on both.

Good looking brogue boots Circuit Rider, and a steal at that price.

Mercer

One of the Regulars
Something I've never brought up before . . .

Of course, the issue of what type of pants to wear with cowboy boots has probably been beaten to death in some circles, but I'm sure we'd all agree that they should only be worn with jeans (regular fit or boot-cut), khakis, perhaps suits (if you're from Texas), and never with shorts (unless you're a girl). However, I've never seen anyone discuss which shirts to wear with cowboy boots. Let me explain . . . .

I have this weird thing where I'll only wear cowboy boots with button-down shirts (preferably long-sleeved) -- never polo shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, etc. But lately I've been thinking of giving it another shot. Does anybody have any tips for successfully pulling off cowboy boots with t-shirts, hoodies, polo shirts, etc.?

***Strangely, I'll wear my Red Wing pull-on work boots (which could maybe pass for cowboy boots) with "non-button-down" shirts (perhaps because work boots have a bit more of a casual look about them, thus causing them to complement said shirts more easily).

I wear cowboy boots with jeans and T-shirt all the time. With jeans I also wear snap front western shirts. I also wear boots sometimes with dress pants or chinos and a Hawaiian shirt. I usually pick some of my fancier inlaid pee-wees for this application, just to be sure it's over the top.
I don't have any polo shirts, so that combo's out, but I often see folks in boots, jeans, and polos and it looks fine.
Usually don't do cowboy boots with a hoodie or sweater, although a few Christmases ago my wife gave me a nice shawl collar cardigan with an Indian blanket pattern woven into the front and it looks pretty good with boots and jeans or chinos.

DougC

Practically Family
Boots are good to wear with anything--shorts are kinda iffy, but, it also depends what you are doing and what the weather is like. I think the key to making boots work with everything is being from Texas :) Or you can just think about being comfortable wearing whatever you want with confidence--no one has ever said that my boots don't go with my t shirt or khakis in 48 years. That said, I wouldn't go to the store in boots and shorts...even here during the summer; but, some of the kids I know would.

IXL

One Too Many
In Oklahoma, many of us wear boots much of the time. I got married in a pair of Tony Llamas. They go with everything, except shorts evidently, as DougC stated above. I found this out when a bunch of us were going to float down the Illinois river. I entered a changing room, changed into shorts for the bus ride to the river... and strolled across the parking lot, still wearing my boots, to the giggles of several bystanders. They must have been from New York.......

DougC

Practically Family
I don't know-that might be an appropriate wearing of swimsuit and boots! By the way, I was born at Fort Sill...so, it could be a OK thing to wear boots with everything. I see what I did there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points