Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Mercer

One of the Regulars
Just added another pair of boots to my collection! Yesterday the teenage son of a friend gave me a pair of boots that no longer fit him (his dad must have suggested me to him, as he knows I wear boots). They're Chippewa western work boots --

20012.jpg

Initially, when my friend's son first asked me if I'd like to have them, which was about a month ago or so, I thought they wouldn't fit me (they're a 10D, and I wear 11D in everything, although with some dress shoes I can wear 10 or 10.5). I was sad to say no too, since I knew which style he had and thought they looked cool! But then I thought about it and consented to try them on, and I was surprised! With boot socks they feel rather tight in the instep, but not intolerably so. With athletic socks they aren't tight at all -- perhaps a little too loose!

Just added another pair of boots to my collection! Yesterday the teenage son of a friend gave me a pair of boots that no longer fit him (his dad must have suggested me to him, as he knows I wear boots). They're Chippewa western work boots --

Initially, when my friend's son first asked me if I'd like to have them, which was about a month ago or so, I thought they wouldn't fit me (they're a 10D, and I wear 11D in everything, although with some dress shoes I can wear 10 or 10.5). I was sad to say no too, since I knew which style he had and thought they looked cool! But then I thought about it and consented to try them on, and I was surprised! With boot socks they feel rather tight in the instep, but not intolerably so. With athletic socks they aren't tight at all -- perhaps a little too loose!

For whatever reason, I almost always wear a slighly smaller size of boot than I do in any other shoe. That's true for most people I know.

042afeb527916c30ccc3153474149ee4.jpg

Conservatively pointy plain black boots.
Don't know much about these other than size 11. They're in the classifieds right now.
Member is a really nice lady whose husband (also a member) seems to have some serious health issues. Thought I'd try to help her out, maybe there'd be some interest here.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Boots are sewn inside out then turned and formed on a "Tree"
9-17-143.jpg

This one of the above finished. It is for me.
newboots1.jpg

boottops.jpg

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Dang! It is looking like we have a real Roy Rogers of bootmakers here. Love it is not enough a comment.....that is just crazy nice. AWESOME super!

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Here's one we call "Aint yo daddys cowboy boots.
dragonboots7.jpg

dragonbootswithvamps1.jpg

dragonbootsturnedanddrying1.jpg

The sword will be sewn down and become the boot pulls
dragonbootsturnedanddrying2-1.jpg

Vamps and quarters are American alligator the green tops are French calf tanned in France the inlays are
boa and caiman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy