Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
E425EFAD-C123-4D87-8011-41087809EBC2.jpeg
Also picked up these Justin's. I really liked the variegated stitching on the tops, but theyre a little snug so they might not get much use.
View attachment 212439
View attachment 212436 View attachment 212437
Hey Dale:
Here’s a awful nice pair of variegated Paul Bonds that was posted on the FaceBook Cowboy commandoes thread. Not mine and yes i am a member but don’t post, just lurk.
Thought you might enjoy seeing them.
B

View attachment 212451
Hey Dale:
Here’s a awful nice pair of variegated Paul Bonds that was posted on the FaceBook Cowboy commandoes thread. Not mine and yes i am a member but don’t post, just lurk.
Thought you might enjoy seeing them.
B

Those are something else entirely, B! Those tall tops really provide some real estate to show off that stitching, and Mr. Bond has laid down enough of it to make sure it gets noticed. Makes the 4 rows on my Justins look downright chintzy.

Those eagle inlaid ones you posted are mighty fine, too. Real works of art!

Last edited:

Manly Footwear

New in Town
Hey guys,

some great boots being posted lately. These are some Bond’s I had made up some time back. The toes turned out more narrow than I like, but they get the job done. These are also a little taller heeled with a mini sour ledge. I like adding the ledge. The Bond’s are
heavier and feel more robust than my other dress boots, not a bad thing, just noticeable.

E99DF32B-0A11-4582-B50C-EDDA463E3879.jpeg

14303BA9-0EBD-4919-A01A-504C383FD790.jpeg
765AB66F-846B-4650-B9BD-A8E8D3B60D2F.jpeg

Hey guys,

some great boots being posted lately. These are some Bond’s I had made up some time back. The toes turned out more narrow than I like, but they get the job done. These are also a little taller heeled with a mini sour ledge. I like adding the ledge. The Bond’s are
heavier and feel more robust than my other dress boots, not a bad thing, just noticeable.

View attachment 213743
View attachment 213744 View attachment 213745

Manly, I think both pair are fine looking boots. The color of the ostrich is really rich looking and the contrasting shaft and bright stitching sure make them pop.

The other pair pops as well but with a little more subtlety. The stitch pattern is a favorite of mine and with the red outline along with the red piping and beading, sure makes them stand out.

Both beautiful but I prefer the narrower toe.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey guys,

View attachment 213743
View attachment 213744 View attachment 213745
Beautiful boots Manly. Love the stitch patterns. When were these made?
B

Manly Footwear

New in Town
Manly, I think both pair are fine looking boots. The color of the ostrich is really rich looking and the contrasting shaft and bright stitching sure make them pop.

The other pair pops as well but with a little more subtlety. The stitch pattern is a favorite of mine and with the red outline along with the red piping and beading, sure makes them stand out.

Both beautiful but I prefer the narrower toe.

Thank you for the kind words. The bonds don’t pop as much as what I was trying to achieve, but I have grown to appreciate the subtlety of the combo. The shaft and foot are slightly different colors, with the shaft having a deeper red tone. Here was my inspiration for the stitching. I can’t tell if it’s a difference in thread gauge or maybe an enhanced photo that makes the sample so vivid.
51862C2A-6648-4C48-A663-FCD9E01AB342.png

Here is the inspiration, color wise for the ostrich pair. Going mostly smooth I debated a lot about getting a toe bug. It took me a while to warm up to not having one, but after a while and darkening them, I’m very happy with the out come.

82633BB4-346A-4E57-A263-A49C75143456.jpeg

Your collection has also been an inspiration. I really like your crimson elephants, very nice!

Manly Footwear

New in Town
FA5C6368-78BA-427B-937A-56229FE4CF89.jpeg
I’m trying to get another boot in the hopper, and I’d like to get some advice. I have this light brown sample and I’m struggling with a shaft color. I really like the bone/white combo posted some time back of the vintage Bond’s, but just not sure about going that light. Also, I don’t think going dark does the ostrich any favors. Thoughts? I really like the tone of a classics “peanut brittle” but I don’t think that color or source is around anymore... I don’t know how this lighter shade sill patina over time.

MtnBob

New in Town
View attachment 214571 I’m trying to get another boot in the hopper, and I’d like to get some advice. I have this light brown sample and I’m struggling with a shaft color. I really like the bone/white combo posted some time back of the vintage Bond’s, but just not sure about going that light. Also, I don’t think going dark does the ostrich any favors. Thoughts? I really like the tone of a classics “peanut brittle” but I don’t think that color or source is around anymore... I don’t know how this lighter shade sill patina over time.

Here are some examples that may help. The darker are ML Leddy and well-worn. The lighter pair are brand new using a much less expensive ostrich intended to be work in the muck boots. They’re from Black Jack and super well-made, just less expensive skins.

947F35BC-8280-456D-BDC1-BA9F7EC5431C.jpeg
EA36A92D-2488-4E4F-A926-0212426730BD.jpeg

MtnBob

New in Town
Not much love for square toes around here, but wanted to share these arapaima / pirarucu boots from Black Jack. I was skeptical about the fish leather, but it’s soft, durable, comfortable, and gets loads of compliments. Most pictures I’ve seen online are when people don’t care for the boots and the leather gets dry, scales roll up, etc. when conditioned properly, they look and feel amazing.

7853C486-C532-413B-AE73-5CD206671EAF.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A2759DA3-2B7D-4851-9CB1-2EFA00A81039.jpeg
B9E7C05B-10BC-4315-9C75-7A22AB924AF7.jpeg
493C4F9B-CAA6-443A-B615-08BF2ACAF4AF.jpeg
View attachment 214571 I’m trying to get another boot in the hopper, and I’d like to get some advice. I have this light brown sample and I’m struggling with a shaft color. I really like the bone/white combo posted some time back of the vintage Bond’s, but just not sure about going that light. Also, I don’t think going dark does the ostrich any favors. Thoughts? I really like the tone of a classics “peanut brittle” but I don’t think that color or source is around anymore... I don’t know how this lighter shade sill patina over time.
Manly:
I believe these may be the ones you spoke of. Quick pics, sorry so tardy.
Paul Bond 77. Hope it helps.
B

Usually not a fan of ostrich leg because of their piecemeal construction and the reptilian look but I thought these were maybe as fine an example of the leathers use as I have ever seen. Plus, they are red.

Lisa Sorrell
View attachment 217202
Cuz....if you hadn't pointed it out, I'd have never even noticed they were ostrich leg. With those tops it pretty much wouldn't matter what they were, they'd still look amazing.

Recoil Rob

One of the Regulars
I had a disappointment today, I've been looking for some 1950's style Peewees and made an offer for these Acmes last week on Ebay. Nice style and great condition, my size 10D.
s-l1600.jpg

They came in the mail last night and it wasn't even close that my foot would go into them even though stamped 10D. The seemed like a size 9 or smaller.

IMG_0171.JPG

Then it occurred to me, they're a Women's 10D. Womens nominal sizes are 1-1/2 smaller than men's. A women's 10 is a man's 8-1/2 with the according shrink in width.

Hated to see them go back.

Wearing some 20 year old Lucchese’s today. I love the overlay. My wife loves them a little less. ;-)

View attachment 217681
I am watching a pair like this only TL's. I have one pair of Noconas like this and love them. Waiting for the TL listing to go stale and will shoot him an offer. My wife gave up on my boot choices a while back although there is a red pair of Noconas that have been listed for a long while. Thinking of buying just to get her attention.....even if it is negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff