Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Craigslist Items For Sale (Removed Listing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please only list items that are your own in the classifieds. If you are in Ohio, it would seem distasteful to list something in the LA classifieds.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
I respectfully disagree. (Unless of course it is against the rules). I live in LA and I appreciate the heads up.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
EVEN-STEVEN said:
I respectfully disagree. (Unless of course it is against the rules)...
From the sticky at the top of this section of the forum:
"READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE! The classified forum is for individual private members to sell personal items they no longer wish to own."

AARP

Familiar Face
I think (waiting for a bartender here) that you could just create a thread here and put all the heads up's there. That way we don't flood the forums and we can also get great deals. No need to be rude to someone that spent their time finding deals for others.

P.S. Cigarband, could you also search for some jackets? :D Thanks!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
AARP said:
No need to be rude to someone that spent their time finding deals for others.
It's hardly rude to point out to a relatively new member that there are sticky threads and FAQs that will help him to understand the forum rules.

[huh]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Ummm.... how is this listing any different from the one JohnnyJohnny posted about Taylor Moto jackets on Ebay, that are being sold by someone he's not affiliated with?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Here is what the difference is

KittyT said:
Ummm.... how is this listing any different from the one JohnnyJohnny posted about Taylor Moto jackets on Ebay, that are being sold by someone he's not affiliated with?

Ok. Here is what I sent the gentleman earlier, and this answers the question.

"He (johnnyjohnny) did NOT post the links. Or 16 of them ..... He only said "hey folks, go look over here...."

If you post "hey, I found a lot of hats on Craigslist, real bargains.....go look. Enjoy". Maybe that single post would be ok.

But, everyone here KNOWS that Ebay and Craigslist post hats, hat stuff, blocks, bruhses, even jackets and vintage anything you can think of....

We DO NOT want a "Town Crier" ringing the bell of on line auctions flooding the threads with "heads up" posts of live auctions."

FOLKS, posting "hey, ebay has 50 new hats..go look" is one thing. Cut and pasting the 50 links in a post here is NOT ACCEPTABLE, unless of course the 50 hats were yours! I digress from my fellow Bartenders, who agreed to allow YOU to post YOUR auctions. I believe there should only be the "hey go look" and not posting the links.

Does this clarify the issue? Remember that the LOUNGE is (with hard work) what it is, and it is not a shill for other online auction sites.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Andykev said:
Does this clarify the issue? Remember that the LOUNGE is (with hard work) what it is, and it is not a shill for other online auction sites.

Thanks for clearing that up, Andy. So just to be sure we all have it....

Live links are OK as long as they are links to your own stuff that you're selling.

The occasional head's up post is fine as long as there are no live links posted and it remains a relatively rare occurrence.

Is that correct?

AARP

Familiar Face
Why can't this be like any other forum (Hell even pet forums have em) and have a hot deals section/thread where you give people a heads up as to where they could get a great deal. Doesn't seem to horrible to me.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AARP said:
Why can't this be like any other forum (Hell even pet forums have em) and have a hot deals section/thread where you give people a heads up as to where they could get a great deal. Doesn't seem to horrible to me.

Because this isn't any other forum and we don't make the rules *shrug*

If you would like information about other vintage forums where this type of thing IS allowed, please feel free to PM me.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Locking this just to keep it from growing. I think we're cleared up now. If there are any questions, please send a note to a Bartender.

(Several similar threads have been removed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy