Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRAZY HAT IDEA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Ahia

Ohio here, so it'll be a spell before it would get this far.
I guess we need a participant's list somehwere?

East to West then? International travel?

Roger - don't sweat in it.
Bob - keep the dogs away from it (me too).
BT - No skarfing the sweat for another hat.
Paddy - Tip a little Guinness on it.
Root - No Cream Oil When Wearing (important)
JP - Step AWAY from the stretcher.

:cheers1:

I think it'd be cool if some of the ladies get it for a few days? Maybe PrettySquareGal's smarts'd rub off.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
We need a list, at least for the first few people.
Being in PA, maybe I could take it after Photobyalan, unless there's someone between us. I'm close to the border. Color-wise, I vote for gray or one of those in-between gray/lt. brown hats. It'll show up in pictures better, and go with most clothes, I would think.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Theres about twenty or so Texans registered now...

...and Texas is about a big a three or four of those north eastern states. When it gets to me I could probably hand deliver it to someone down here. I could hand it off to Varga or Absinth. As a matter of fact, hand deliveries would make the whole thing alot more fun...we could get a picture of the hand off...

Novelty is what I'm thinking...maybe I can get a photo of one of my pups a'wearing the hat...

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Biltmore Bob said:
...y'all don't need one of them permits, for guns that is.

I don't know about Vermont but here in NH you only need a permit for concealed carry, not for open carry. I didn't want to scare away the liberal customers by carrying open in the store so I got my permit.

Baggers

Practically Family
Biltmore Bob said:
...and Texas is about a big a three or four of those north eastern states. When it gets to me I could probably hand deliver it to someone down here. I could hand it off to Varga or Absinth. As a matter of fact, hand deliveries would make the whole thing alot more fun...we could get a picture of the hand off...

Novelty is what I'm thinking...maybe I can get a photo of one of my pups a'wearing the hat...

Heck, Texas is bigger than some nations! Can we take the state and subdivide it? Northeast (me), Southeast (you), Central, (?), The Panhandle (?), and West Texas (?)? After all, according to one of the earlier versions of our constitution we retained the right to partition the state in smaller sections. It would be a typicaly "Texan" thing to do. :)

I also think gray is good color. As for the hand delivery thing, I don't know. Perhaps if the distance between points is relatively short. But if someone needs to go overseas to pass the hat (hmmm, I like that) we might saddle some poor sod with a rather large expense, not to mention slowing down the lid's travels if he/she has to fit the trip into a busy schedule or just save up to make the journey. Too much of an opportuntity to lose momentum or stall out completely, in my opinion.

Cheers!

Baggers

Practically Family
Aaron Hats said:
I don't know about Vermont but here in NH you only need a permit for concealed carry, not for open carry. I didn't want to scare away the liberal customers by carrying open in the store so I got my permit.

Vermont is the state that doesn't require a permit for any mode of carry, if I recall.

Cheers!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Put me on the list ...

Count me in on the "traveling hat" list. I'll have a picture taken with the hat in front of the asylum - a fitting location for such a project ;) Actually, the hospital where I work is itself "vintage", as we are in the same building that was built in 1875.

I agree with what has been said before, there needs to be a coordinator or manager for this project. I like the idea of a face-to-face hand-off (when this is logistically practical). This would add to the "traveling hat" mystique, as well as providing an opportunity for like-minded people to meet. Let me know who to send my contact information to.

varga49

One of the Regulars
I like this idea!

This is a great way to connect the dots with hat people! And a great excuse to travel! I.E. "Honey! I gave em my word! And it's my responsibility to get that hat to "fill in the blank". So pack your tooth brush and I'll meet you in the truck/car/airplane/fill in the blank"!

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Texas is a long drive...

...from Orange to El Paso...

Hell yes, Varga, I'll bring it right to y'alls doorstep...

Baggers said:
Heck, Texas is bigger than some nations! Can we take the state and subdivide it? Northeast (me), Southeast (you), Central, (?), The Panhandle (?), and West Texas (?)? After all, according to one of the earlier versions of our constitution we retained the right to partition the state in smaller sections. It would be a typicaly "Texan" thing to do. :)

I also think gray is good color. As for the hand delivery thing, I don't know. Perhaps if the distance between points is relatively short. But if someone needs to go overseas to pass the hat (hmmm, I like that) we might saddle some poor sod with a rather large expense, not to mention slowing down the lid's travels if he/she has to fit the trip into a busy schedule or just save up to make the journey. Too much of an opportuntity to lose momentum or stall out completely, in my opinion.

Cheers!

I'm about an hour away from Houston to the south, and about four hours from San Antonio to the west. Five hours to Dallas to the north, and about two hours to Austin to the northwest....I'll hand deliver it to any of those places...

varga49

One of the Regulars
Excellent Idea!

photobyalan said:
I think gray would show better in photos.

Before the ball gets rolling...

Assuming the hat will be sold at the end of its travels, what will happen to to proceeds from the sale? Will they help pay for the Fedora Lounge operating costs or will they go to a charity? If a charity, which charity? There are a lot of deserving causes out there, but I think one should be chosen that represents the Lounge in spirit.

I'll cast a vote for Alzheimer's research.

Will a time limit be set on the journey? Who's going to get the hat in the end and be given the task of putting it up for auction (and publicizing the auction).

How will the hat get from place to place? I think it would be very cool, although maybe impractical, if the hat were never shipped by common carrier but worn or hand-carried to each stop and handed to the next member.

I think this is a great idea that could: a) provide visibility for the Lounge, for Aaron Hats (or whoever ends up donating the hat), and for hat wearing in general; and b) do something constructive. I'd just like to see some ground rules set up beforehand so there are no problems down the line.
Alan this is a great idea, especially the hand carrying idea but what about those guy's across the big pond? do we get them involved? An acuction, with the proceeds going to a worthy cause would be great publicity! When the hat comes to my neck of the woods I'll be sending a picture and an article to our newspaper!

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
count me in, too

B.Bob I'm located about halfway between Varga and the D/FW metroplex as I calculate it. I'll be glad to meet someone in the metroplex area. You are right about Texas being a long drive: it is further from El Paso to Texarkana than from Texarkana to Chicago.

Dave

Aaron Hats

Vendor
All right now, let's get this going. Since I'm not allowed out of the store who's going to come pick up a nice Akubra Squatter, grey, 7 1/2 to start this wonderful journey?

I think we can easily figure out a great charity while this makes its trip around the world.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
I WILL ....AS LONG AS WE ALL AGREE

Aaron,

I'll workout the roadtrip...sometime next week if that a go with the

rest...then i'll get it to photobyalan next.

on another note..do you have a stylemaster 7 3/8 in stock?

Baggers

Practically Family
Okay, now that we got this thing started...

...Once it gets down Texas way, how do all you Lone Star Staters want to route this? I live just north of Dallas on US 75, so I guess I would be the first one in line geographically if it came down south from the upper midwest or northeast. Who would be next?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot