Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All beautiful cross zips Terry! Thanks for sharing yet another very cool video. I'll take one of each in a standard 36 short, thank you! lol (Actually kind of could given that BK has its archives line with lots of cool vintage cross zips to have remade, not that I've ever bought from them though).

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
For sure. I will put more pics an feedback righthere when it arrives
Here is the arrival of my taubers chp. First off I want to apologize to J max for snagging this from him( I did not know you placed an offer) it is an amazing jacket. It is in good shape overall with 2 small flaws 1 the diamond pull on slash pocket is missing, 2 there is a small separation between the leather an lining on the inside pocket. Otherwise everything is great. Its around 6lbs an the "best" vintage jacket i have handled. The leather is great with a brown base. The zippers are brass talon except for the main which is a clarks/coats crown. The lining is diamond quilting, the pocket bags are a nice green corduroy. All in all a winner with great measurements. Pit-23.5, shoulder-20, sleeve -26, boc- hem-25.5. The best vintage measurements i have come across. Now pics
20210627_105322.jpg
20210627_105152.jpg
20210627_105249.jpg
20210627_105249.jpg
20210627_105338.jpg
20210627_105700.jpg
20210627_105646.jpg
20210627_105754.jpg
20210627_105718.jpg
20210627_105943.jpg

Here is the arrival of my taubers chp. First off I want to apologize to J max for snagging this from him( I did not know you placed an offer) it is an amazing jacket. It is in good shape overall with 2 small flaws 1 the diamond pull on slash pocket is missing, 2 there is a small separation between the leather an lining on the inside pocket. Otherwise everything is great. Its around 6lbs an the "best" vintage jacket i have handled. The leather is great with a brown base. The zippers are brass talon except for the main which is a clarks/coats crown. The lining is diamond quilting, the pocket bags are a nice green corduroy. All in all a winner with great measurements. Pit-23.5, shoulder-20, sleeve -26, boc- hem-25.5. The best vintage measurements i have come across. Now pics View attachment 343535 View attachment 343536 View attachment 343537 View attachment 343537 View attachment 343538 View attachment 343540 View attachment 343543 View attachment 343544 View attachment 343545 View attachment 343546

Great looking jacket. And longer than most from the era. Looks awesome.

No need to apologize bud. I limped in. By the look of these photos, maybe I shouldn’t have. Though the sleeves may be too long for me. But as a consolation I did get the old Cal. So it all worked out. Enjoy the jacket. It’s beautiful.

Here is the arrival of my taubers chp. First off I want to apologize to J max for snagging this from him( I did not know you placed an offer) it is an amazing jacket. It is in good shape overall with 2 small flaws 1 the diamond pull on slash pocket is missing, 2 there is a small separation between the leather an lining on the inside pocket. Otherwise everything is great. Its around 6lbs an the "best" vintage jacket i have handled. The leather is great with a brown base. The zippers are brass talon except for the main which is a clarks/coats crown. The lining is diamond quilting, the pocket bags are a nice green corduroy. All in all a winner with great measurements. Pit-23.5, shoulder-20, sleeve -26, boc- hem-25.5. The best vintage measurements i have come across. Now pics View attachment 343535 View attachment 343536 View attachment 343537 View attachment 343537 View attachment 343538 View attachment 343540 View attachment 343543 View attachment 343544 View attachment 343545 View attachment 343546

Scrolled thru the pics first, thought it's a Cal or something but noticed right away the leather is miles ahead of anything you'd usually see on CHP's and yep, this is Taubers alright. Nicest leather on the vtg market, bar none, IMO. At least from the pics! But never once have I seen a Taubers jacket that wasn't absolutely stunning.

@J Leather Investigater I was talking to Jon about the different leathers Taubers used on their MC/cross-zips v straight zip CHPs. Well, less of a discussion and more along the lines of him passing knowledge lol. You’ve had both, what are your thoughts? I agree with monitor, Taubers hides are sick (though pinnacle Cals are “better”:p).

jonbuilder

Congratulations John on the score. The jacket came out nicer than I was expecting from the listing. I still have the mint straight zip police Taubers you sold me. The last cross zip Taubers I brought was in excellent condition but much thinner leather. I returned it due to it being too small. I prefer the heavier Taubers built as police jackets

jonbuilder

@J Leather Investigater I was talking to Jon about the different leathers Taubers used on their MC/cross-zips v straight zip CHPs. Well, less of a discussion and more along the lines of him passing knowledge lol. You’ve had both, what are your thoughts? I agree with monitor, Taubers hides are sick (though pinnacle Cals are “better”:p).
I believe the difference is not a cross zip verse a police jacket but a cross zip built for the civilian motorcyclist rather than as a police jacket. I know I miss spoke. Sorry if I turned you away from this one. I have had a cross zip Taubers police jacket I also brought from John that was heavier weight with the Noble hill label. I not as skillful about communicating as some here like Monitor Terry and Carlos comes to mind.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Great looking jacket. And longer than most from the era. Looks awesome.

No need to apologize bud. I limped in. By the look of these photos, maybe I shouldn’t have. Though the sleeves may be too long for me. But as a consolation I did get the old Cal. So it all worked out. Enjoy the jacket. It’s beautiful.
Cool, I feel better now knowing that you got a cal that im sure I want( don't even know what cal your talking about?) You already have the best collection of cals on tfl, then jon/ leather walker. Show me the money! Cals are sick, I have had a few but never found a grail one like you own. I do have a cool als leather straight zip. This taubers is sick though, I love the tight fitting wrist/ adjustable waist.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Scrolled thru the pics first, thought it's a Cal or something but noticed right away the leather is miles ahead of anything you'd usually see on CHP's and yep, this is Taubers alright. Nicest leather on the vtg market, bar none, IMO. At least from the pics! But never once have I seen a Taubers jacket that wasn't absolutely stunning.
Awsome vintage- this is what gives vintage its " hype" believe it

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Honestly i think just like cals Taubers have jackets that are sewn with different leathers some thicker than others some black all the way through, some brown based, in general the older taubers had better hides on the label used on this an the nob hill label. Then I guess in the 60s-70s the market switched to cow hide- red Taubers label an one that was blue an white that reads " real hide" or something. I have seen them but every time I pulled the trigger its been horsehide an high quality.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Congratulations John on the score. The jacket came out nicer than I was expecting from the listing. I still have the mint straight zip police Taubers you sold me. The last cross zip Taubers I brought was in excellent condition but much thinner leather. I returned it due to it being too small. I prefer the heavier Taubers built as police jackets
That straight zip Taubers the 2nd one i sold you was/is nice, that was so mint I dont know if its black all the way through or has a brown base, heavy cop jacket- awsome. The second one was heavier but also a few sizes bigger

Cool, I feel better now knowing that you got a cal that im sure I want( don't even know what cal your talking about?) You already have the best collection of cals on tfl, then jon/ leather walker. Show me the money! Cals are sick, I have had a few but never found a grail one like you own. I do have a cool als leather straight zip. This taubers is sick though, I love the tight fitting wrist/ adjustable waist.

Here is the Cal.

9361DE10-FC50-45E0-8F82-DF0243568179.jpeg
BEE88DAD-D684-42EE-9E06-E6403A094013.jpeg
FEDE57C2-D667-413C-A9DE-E3C8C2B2B241.jpeg

Here is the Cal.

View attachment 343666 View attachment 343667 View attachment 343668
I believe the difference is not a cross zip verse a police jacket but a cross zip built for the civilian motorcyclist rather than as a police jacket. I know I miss spoke. Sorry if I turned you away from this one. I have had a cross zip Taubers police jacket I also brought from John that was heavier weight with the Noble hill label. I not as skillful about communicating as some here like Monitor Terry and Carlos comes to mind.

I had “passed” on the jacket prior to our chat. No worries. Something about the Taubers made me pause and not hit the BIN, probably the fact that I was gawking over the Cal. I’ll get one eventually. Cheers.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

great looking Taubers! This is a larger size. I just sold my Taubers CZ that was too small. You got a great buy on this one. Taubers is another great Label from the past.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
great looking Taubers! This is a larger size. I just sold my Taubers CZ that was too small. You got a great buy on this one. Taubers is another great Label from the past.
Thanks Terry aka "vintage king". Your approval and positive feedback is heavy duty, meaning it holds WEIGHT. Terry this taubers is amazing, and I did get ahelluva deal. One thing I really like is the olive corduroy pocket bags, nice!
20210627_105411.jpg

Ok, yea I was watching this, then the seller was gone for a while and he wanted 650 so..... the back of that jacket is dope

Yeah, I put in a fair offer a while back and he ghosted me. I reengaged about 30 days later and he accepted the offer. Said he had some personal stuff to handle so he went dark. He also probably realized that his ask was a bit much. But this is the best Cal CHP I’ve ever handled and it still has the label. It also had the corduroy along the neck more common on Star Glove. I emailed Cal to see if they can help a bit with the date. This has to be an early Cal, just wondering how early.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Thanks Terry aka "vintage king". Your approval and positive feedback is heavy duty, meaning it holds WEIGHT. Terry this taubers is amazing, and I did get ahelluva deal. One thing I really like is the olive corduroy pocket bags, nice! View attachment 343726

Great vintage jacket, with bigger length. There is something similar in Spain now, it's been for sale for a while. It's at east one size smaller, and condition is not that good, for the asked price.
s-l1600.jpg

Vintage années 50 TAUBERS horsehide Motorcycle Leather Jacket | eBay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points