Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

Bluechel

Practically Family
Yes, I was thinking along the same line. Significant differences when in hand. I was not sure it would fit and it ends up being an excellent fit. Has a bit of a duck tail that I'm not familiar with on Taubers. I will have to investigate. I seen no indication it had any labels and I believe the lining is original.
So I keep hearing about Jen @iknowleather...is that the place to go for zippers, alterations, repair?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I keep hearing about Jen @iknowleather...is that the place to go for zippers, alterations, repair?

Here you go: https://www.greatleather.com/

This is Dena's website. About 1.5 hours from where I live to drive there. Reach out to her (phone is best, she is not on here that often as she has been quite busy of late). She is good on price and does Great work. Many others here have sent jackets to her.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Here you go: https://www.greatleather.com/

This is Dena's website. About 1.5 hours from where I live to drive there. Reach out to her (phone is best, she is not on here that often as she has been quite busy of late). She is good on price and does Great work. Many others here have sent jackets to her.
I'm reaching out now! Fortunately I can bear the long wait time if needed as I'll adjust my coats over the long term.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Yes, and in a Schott I'm a 52 (for shoulders and sleeve length not gut), so yes there's a place for your xxl jacket finds folks!

Bluechel

Practically Family
So...now I'm doubly curious about this little size 38 Bukman. It's Made in USA and is nicely put together but no one seems to know about the company, and there's no sign of them on google either! That's just plain weird.

So...now I'm doubly curious about this little size 38 Bukman. It's Made in USA and is nicely put together but no one seems to know about the company, and there's no sign of them on google either! That's just plain weird.

I know nothing of the company. I can say that they typically sell for around $100, tops. If you like the jacket I’d keep looking for another at a better price.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I definitely see these under $100 and I agree with you, but now I've got my curiosity up and becoming more interested in company history, and why there's little or no record of them. Love a mystery!

Bluechel

Practically Family
If @Bahabp100 is wearing it, it’s BIG

Yes Dena / @iknowleather and the team at Johnson Leathers both have satisfied customers who have sung their praises here on TFL
I've reached out to Dena and I'm stoked on the possibilities for renewal of a couple of mine. She says she doesn't focus on alterations as much, do you have someone who does? My idea is to get one of these bigger jackets out there and taper it for a narrow waist while enjoying the broader shoulder and longer sleeve length.

Also what I wore today but figured since there's no me in the photo, I'd post it here. I'll bling this thing to hell the moment I find some quality rivets.

20211024-174120.jpg

20211024-174144.jpg

For a moment I thought I was in the classifieds and...no, just a picture. I don't own a Cal because this is the one. Maybe some day?

67cc5153-504c-482f-bd6d-913b551176c4-jpeg.373498

It can use another wash but it isn’t as dark as in the pic. Only roughout Cal I have ever seen. A previous owner replaced the lining, but otherwise original. One size too small for me. Just a cool Cal to have. I think I will put all of my patches on it at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner