Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
late 40s unlabeled Cycle Queen

DSC05498.jpg
DSC05509.jpg
DSC05521.jpg

The blue one is in deer, there is unfortunately no more moose hide. But yes, a Hussar in deer would be epic! I have been thinking about it from the get go :D

That’s right, it’s your green Trojan that is moose. I recall you mention that the horse is better for use on a bike. I’ll stick to that methinks.

Edit: typo

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah, if you're going to have one it needs to be in black HH I believe, that's why my first one is in black HH. Yes, when I say I have been thinking of one in deer, it is for a secondary jacket - Yes I am that confident this model is going to be stellar and that I will want a secondary one same as what happened with the J24 :rolleyes::):D

Edit: clarified the message

Jrolfe

A-List Customer
Of all my cross zips, the Leather Togs variants are my favourite, the collared ones have a very different collar shape to your average cross zip, and the mandarin collard ones have that big sweeping curve in the front panel and really off center zipper.
They have a pretty unusual shoulder shape too, rounded but in a cool way, and the range of motion is great without shoulder gussets. They also usually have a bunch of french seams, which are always a nice touch.

They are definitely my top pick:

49TDKUk.jpg

8LJifCG.jpg

12UXwET.jpg
All of these are SPOT ON man! Great fit & look.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Edward

Bartender
Wested now offers a captain America version, I have a feeling it’s actually good

I wasn't impressed with it as a copy based on the photos on the website, tbh - but then the original on screen wasa custom made Aero which, at retail, would be three times the price of the Wested, soit's not really afair comparison. I think a lot of the Wested jackets could be significantly improved if they used more vintage-styled hardware. Probsably a very decent jacket for the money, though, as has been my experience with Wested's Indy jackets.

Back of my Chopper. There are enough photos of the front peppered throughout the forum.

View attachment 230748

Very nice. Does this model accomodate the armour padding?

And another one you don't see everyday, this one is actually a double cross zip:

g5C4pBE.jpg

Is that the leather version of the Swedish military despatch rider jacket?

I don't think Schott makes this model anymore.

View attachment 230849 View attachment 230851

Yours is the only one I've wever seen - presumably it was a limited run. Really nice indeed.

I posted this in the "What are you wearing" thread but I think it belongs here too. I love a good cross-zip. This is a Vanson-made reproduction of Captain America's jacket. I wear this almost exclusively with dress shirts & tie. With that said, I naturally took pictures of myself in it while not wearing a tie. Heh.
View attachment 231483 View attachment 231484 View attachment 231486 View attachment 231487

That looks like the best copy I've seen so far. As noted above, the one on screen was made by Aero, based on Ken's Bootlegger pattern (essentially a cross-fronted 50s Halfbelt) with modifications to the pockets and the added straps on the cuffs. (The Cap obviously never saw Rebel Without a Cause. I mena, I know he's too goody goody to play chicken in a stolen car, but I do seem to recall him often having to jump from ovnig vehicles with similar hazards....). I'm not sure whether Aero would be willing to do an exact repop or not; Ken's never been one for marketing the brand off the back of their film work or celebrity endorsements.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I wasn't impressed with it as a copy based on the photos on the website, tbh - but then the original on screen wasa custom made Aero which, at retail, would be three times the price of the Wested, soit's not really afair comparison. I think a lot of the Wested jackets could be significantly improved if they used more vintage-styled hardware. Probsably a very decent jacket for the money, though, as has been my experience with Wested's Indy jackets.

Very nice. Does this model accomodate the armour padding?

Is that the leather version of the Swedish military despatch rider jacket?

Yours is the only one I've wever seen - presumably it was a limited run. Really nice indeed.

That looks like the best copy I've seen so far. As noted above, the one on screen was made by Aero, based on Ken's Bootlegger pattern (essentially a cross-fronted 50s Halfbelt) with modifications to the pockets and the added straps on the cuffs. (The Cap obviously never saw Rebel Without a Cause. I mena, I know he's too goody goody to play chicken in a stolen car, but I do seem to recall him often having to jump from ovnig vehicles with similar hazards....). I'm not sure whether Aero would be willing to do an exact repop or not; Ken's never been one for marketing the brand off the back of their film work or celebrity endorsements.

Thanks, It's the Vanson version of the Swedish military despatch rider jacket, they did them in the 90s, not sure how many but they don't come up very often. I have also seen them in forest green leather..
I also have a real Swedish version, probably 50s, very nice heavy goatskin:

sknvi4v.jpg

vvEg9Rm.jpg

And i also got a canvas hooded one, a bit small for me but my GF relly likes it in winter, i think that's from the 60s:

0PtHGOf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ