Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
This really is a beast!
IS it me or is it still gaining more grain as you wear it? Doesn't feel like it was that grainy when you first got it...
I believe its simply going through the l.w. break in process, when i first got my test it was really smooth throughout, now look at it(but i wont dare bring a straight zip jacket into the cross zip auditorium) but see for your self in carlos jacket data base thread posted during the l.w. conversation.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
20200503-123036-0.jpg
Potentially the nicest looking hide LW x-zip here. Imho. Better and better each time. Don’t ever sell this one Ivan!
B

Potentially the nicest looking hide LW x-zip here. Imho. Better and better each time. Don’t ever sell this one Ivan!
B

I got another one on the way, one that's actually in my size (or at least I hope so). If it turns out to be a major improvement fit wise, I'll have to sell this one. If not... It's just such a nice jacket that I honestly wouldn't mind having two. :)

It's an awesome jacket in any case. No point in looking further in this style.

I got another one on the way, one that's actually in my size (or at least I hope so). If it turns out to be a major improvement fit wise, I'll have to sell this one. If not... It's just such a nice jacket that I honestly wouldn't mind having two. :)

It's an awesome jacket in any case. No point in looking further in this style.

Fingers crossed for a major improvement. Though honestly, I can’t see how.

Fingers crossed for a major improvement. Though honestly, I can’t see how.

ATM I'm really swimming in this one. I've never been more emaciated and the jacket was one size larger than what I usually wear to begin with. :(

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, It's the Vanson version of the Swedish military despatch rider jacket, they did them in the 90s, not sure how many but they don't come up very often. I have also seen them in forest green leather..
I also have a real Swedish version, probably 50s, very nice heavy goatskin:

sknvi4v.jpg

vvEg9Rm.jpg

And i also got a canvas hooded one, a bit small for me but my GF relly likes it in winter, i think that's from the 60s:

0PtHGOf.jpg

Interesting, I wonder why Vanson chose that model? It's a very niche one to reproduce - though great they did, I really like it. They've done it well by the looks of it. Green leather is an interesting idea; I assume they were riffing off the green canvas version. I've only seen the originals in green canvas and black leather. Look like they would be greaton a bike, especially in Wintrer - plenty of room under there for layering...

I'd never seen a hooded one before, that's interesting. One of those and the matching trousers woulds be fantastic for taking the dog out for a walk in dead of Winter in the early morning! Looks likea Swedish equivalent of the N2 series USAF jackets, albeit intended for use afew thousand feet lower....

Yes,yes my friend, there is a certain magnificence that is beheld in the photograph

Much of it lies in the photographers gifts - https://www.hansonleatherby.com/

@Edward

Unfortunately, no armor. It would be nice though.

I've notice Vanson shy away from armour in the vast majority of their more classic styles. Maybe they just don't want to repattern them, but you'd think the Chopper in particularly would work well with it. Really nice jacket, though.

View attachment 232327 Herc PJ-27 today. My only cross zip....until next week. Got one in the mail!

First one of those I've seen in the wild - oddly, I thought it was a Hercules as soon as I spotted it. THat's one of their models I'm giving serious thought to as it's not available from my go-tos, and it's a nice option. I'm considering it in the russett... How's the hide?

Jrolfe

A-List Customer
Interesting, I wonder why Vanson chose that model? It's a very niche one to reproduce - though great they did, I really like it. They've done it well by the looks of it. Green leather is an interesting idea; I assume they were riffing off the green canvas version. I've only seen the originals in green canvas and black leather. Look like they would be greaton a bike, especially in Wintrer - plenty of room under there for layering...

I'd never seen a hooded one before, that's interesting. One of those and the matching trousers woulds be fantastic for taking the dog out for a walk in dead of Winter in the early morning! Looks likea Swedish equivalent of the N2 series USAF jackets, albeit intended for use afew thousand feet lower....

Much of it lies in the photographers gifts - https://www.hansonleatherby.com/

I've notice Vanson shy away from armour in the vast majority of their more classic styles. Maybe they just don't want to repattern them, but you'd think the Chopper in particularly would work well with it. Really nice jacket, though.

First one of those I've seen in the wild - oddly, I thought it was a Hercules as soon as I spotted it. THat's one of their models I'm giving serious thought to as it's not available from my go-tos, and it's a nice option. I'm considering it in the russett... How's the hide?
For the price I’d say you can’t go wrong with Hercules. Very comfortable and seems to be constructed well. The hide is good. 1mm+. Quality. Not on par with Aero or other big name brands, but the price shows that as a good trade off. Their russet looks very cool and a rich color.

Edward

Bartender
For the price I’d say you can’t go wrong with Hercules. Very comfortable and seems to be constructed well. The hide is good. 1mm+. Quality. Not on par with Aero or other big name brands, but the price shows that as a good trade off. Their russet looks very cool and a rich color.

Sounds as I thought - on a par with Wested, but upgraded for a better period look? Which does indeed make them pretty good for the money.

Vanson Wild One. The sleeves are borderline too long but I can live with them. X150 leather, I should wear this one more often.

View attachment 232897

Don't think I've seen this model before. Nice attention to the detail of the sleeve zips being much longer on the Durable than the Perfecto style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk