Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Some of my Cross Zip nation.

Check out the radical zip angle on the Californian 2 Star

DSC07336.JPG
DSC07325.JPG
DSC07326.JPG
DSC07327.JPG
DSC07328.JPG
DSC07329.JPG
DSC07331.JPG
DSC07332.JPG
DSC07333.JPG
DSC07334.JPG

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Everything pales next to that Sportclad.

I started out loving the leather but the 46 was a bit big, then I got the 42 that fit and then a 40 that fit, then a 40 that didn't. I haven't seen another since I bought my last one.

That fit and feel better on me than the other MC style jackets. They just feel right. They Sparkle!

upload_2022-1-18_16-54-27.jpeg

upload_2022-1-18_16-55-5.jpeg

upload_2022-1-18_16-55-53.jpeg

barnabus

One Too Many
Well. Hello there. I've just bought a cross zip. A no-brand, no-providence 80s cross zip.

I fancied something like this and tbh I didn't fancy spending big money. So this is effectively scorched earth to start off from.

I might even do a thread. Perhaps even the thread I threatened before, about jackets that transcend their dollar value. But whatever, I'm going to do what I can to make this one look like several dollars instead of the actual no dollars.

Here's a seller pic:

Screenshot_20220405-205414.png

Let's see what happens.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Well. Hello there. I've just bought a cross zip. A no-brand, no-providence 80s cross zip.

I fancied something like this and tbh I didn't fancy spending big money. So this is effectively scorched earth to start off from.

I might even do a thread. Perhaps even the thread I threatened before, about jackets that transcend their dollar value. But whatever, I'm going to do what I can to make this one look like several dollars instead of the actual no dollars.

Here's a seller pic:

View attachment 416264

Let's see what happens.
I can certainly dig that. I've got a small (accidental) collection of MADE IN USA cross-zips that I have to say are my FAVORITES over many other much more expensive and revered brands. What can I say, it's the fit and feel.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

Here's a seller pic:

View attachment 416264

Let's see what happens.
congrats, leather looks fine, just need some teardrop leather zip puller tabs, and perhaps a square garrison buckle

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Here's a seller pic:

View attachment 416264

Let's see what happens.

I’ve seen Perfecto-type jackets from expensive fashion houses and Japanese brands that look worse than this. Not bad at all, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Aloysius

Man, you guys are overlooking the most fun detail. What does the belt make you think of?

Aloysius

1960's Perfecto but other than that, I don't know.

It’s my existing modern Perfecto (613SH, which is 60s/70s pattern with stiff FQHH) but I sent it in to Schott to have the miter buckle installed. They also did a real mouton detachable collar— I initially just wanted them to add the snaps for one, so it would have the old Perfecto look, and planned to have a mouton collar made for it elsewhere since the one they sell is faux fur, but I happened to ask and the factory will make them on request if they have your jacket in to pattern it.

All in all, the changes cost as much as a leather shop, no upcharge because it’s the actual Schott factory. Excellent experience!

Aloysius

@Viking752 Both jackets are great.

Have you ever compared it side by side to another Schott horsehide? I’ve wondered if the Stallion uses the extra thick horsehide of my 613SH or the regular thickness one of their other horsehide jackets (both are really nice).

@Edward it was you and Johnny Thunders who put me on the path to getting this collar, though I am looking forward to wearing it sans collar like the other Johnny, just as much.

Viking752

Practically Family
@Viking752 Both jackets are great.

Have you ever compared it side by side to another Schott horsehide? I’ve wondered if the Stallion uses the extra thick horsehide of my 613SH or the regular thickness one of their other horsehide jackets (both are really nice).

@Edward it was you and Johnny Thunders who put me on the path to getting this collar, though I am looking forward to wearing it sans collar like the other Johnny, just as much.

Thanks, I have not had the opportunity to compare the Stallion with another Schott. This is my first HH jacket and it’s taken a bit to break it in but it’s slowly getting there. I do feel like the hide is fairly thick, not as thick as say my Schott naked cowhides I have but substantial none the less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko