Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Hat from Az-Tex in Phoenix

Tucson Raider

New in Town
Official Measurements

You guys are good. I had the wrong numbers. The brim is 3 inches, the ribbon is 1 3/4 inches and the crown height is 3 3/4 inches. The hat company called the color silver but to me it looks like off-white.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Tucson Raider said:
You guys are good. I had the wrong numbers. The brim is 3 inches, the ribbon is 1 3/4 inches and the crown height is 3 3/4 inches. The hat company called the color silver but to me it looks like off-white.

What do you expect from a bunch of hat nuts.lol You wear a 3" brim really well.:eusa_clap

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Mr E Train said:
Aren't a teardrop and a C-crown essentially the same thing?

As Jimmy The Lids link shows, they are very frequently said to have subtle differences, while the terms are basically used interchangeably.

While my ear is good for music, my eyes very frequently see no difference, even when people claim there is. Especially with the whole "fluid" argument. Although it may be right, it inevitably leads to the conclusion that many a very smooth C-Crown will be mistaken for a Teardrop, and many a hasty Teardrop will be mistaken for a C-Crown.

It's really a pinching matter, in my experience. Do you have a habit of pinching tight and angular, or a bit more smooth and soft. That will make all of the difference when people attempt to discern markings that lead them to a C or T conclusion.

Either way, I probably won't be able to see it.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Most of the true C-crown hats I've seen were blocked on a form. Perhaps it is easier to make a C-crown form?

I generally tend to get a teardrop when I hand-crease but I can do a pretty good C-crown if I work at it.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
A C-crown is actually fairly easily accomplished. Once you start thinking of it as a diamond crease that is rounded at the back, it all falls into place. When I'm doing a C-crown, that's actually how I start it out -- I put the side points in as if I am doing a diamond crease, but I leave the back alone and simply round it like a teardrop (instead of putting in the last point of the diamond).

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart