Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Hide briefcases

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
New expected shipping date for the shipment is next Monday. I gave them a call to see what was up, and the service was very good. Nice, professional, and knowledgeable sales team. Took them less than two minutes to look up my order and present the new expected shipment date, which they followed up with an email in writing. The custom liner for my case took a litle longer to get ready.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Just an FYI, I have my Whiskey 1945 Briefcase for sale in the Classifieds.

1945LaptopBag.jpg

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Custom Hide briefcases.

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new bag and I'm looking for one with a bit of style and quality.

I've been looking at the the Custom Hide Ranger which appears to be the style I am looking for. After reading an extensive thread on briefcases, I'm wondering if any of you have had any recent dealings with CH and more specifically does anyone have one of the Ranger bags.
I'm asking because i'm on the point of buying one as the price and style is right but I'm wondering if there is still issues with delivery times and the quality of finish.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

regards

Flashy.

MikeR

New in Town
I bought a bag from Custom Hide a year or two ago. As I recall, there was still a bit of a backlog...it might have been a month or two before it arrived. But the quality was great, and I'm a very satisfied customer!

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I was extremely underwhelmed by my Custom Hide bag. I bought the "scholar" bag with an over the shoulder strap and found it beset with obvious design flaws. I had to send it back twice within one year for repairs. Despite its name, it is not a suitable bag for carrying books. In fact, carrying a laptop, charger, notebook, financial calculator, and assorted pens/pencils, was enough to stress both the handle and shoulder strap.

wdw

One Too Many
I ordered one late last year, expecting 4 weeks delivery as said on the site. After 2 months, no sign and slow email contact giving excuses. I eventually got an email to say it had arrived in the UK but that they'd sent the wrong one and could I have it sent back, please. I gave up and cancelled the order. To be fair, they refunded the full amount promptly, so it wasn't all bad.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thanks for the responses fellas, the bag is apparently being shipped tomorrow so I should get it sometime next week. Here's hoping!

Wdw, which part of Edinburgh are you from? I'm originally from Leith and Mountcastle although I have been living in Australia for. About the last 14 years.

wdw

One Too Many
Hi Flashy. Hope you like the bag. I'm in Barnton, and am in Leith quite often. Been here 4 years and love it - like being on holiday all the time. Hopefully you feel the same about Australia.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sporty’s leather satchel: http://www.sportys.com/WrightBros/product/8087
A Modern Case with a Vintage Look
This antiqued lambskin Satchel Briefcase is inspired by classic WWII bomber jackets with the same look and feel that improves with age. Brought up-to-date with modern features including a removable padded laptop sleeve with peripheral pockets that fits into a padded center compartment. Additional sections on either side are excellent organizers for papers, folders, notepads, etc. There are pockets for office essentials like cell phone, PDA, business cards, plus two pen/pencil slots. Zippered interior and exterior pockets run the full length of the case. Measures 16 1/2 x 12” x 5” and has adjustable padded shoulder strap that detaches. From Scully, a leather goods company since 1906.

-dixon cannon

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Looks nice, Dixon. I do like the lining detail. I'd be dubious about how much punishment lambskin could take, though.

Michael Finn

New in Town
I ordered "1945 US Army" briefcase from CH over a year ago and I'm happy with it. It's not what you can call "high end" quality, but overall it drives its purpose carrying my laptop, notebook, etc.

sfend002

Familiar Face
I guess I can provide a review of mine. I got it last Christmas and have used it on and off. Overall, I would give it a 6 out of 10 rating. I got the scholar in dark brown. The construction while solid is not very refined and the seem inside the flap was only glued and came apart, which makes it look cheap. Also, the shoulder strap is pretty cheap and not very comfortable. From the outside it is a nice looking bag but the limitations are clear. I won't but again from them. I have been using my Timbuk2 bag a great deal more in fact

MLG67

New in Town
Custom Hide is perfect for my business needs and looks great

Sorry in advance for the length of this post, but I have just finished a long quest for the right bag. I received my customized large scholar in brown a week ago. It is fabulous. Custom Hide put in a lot of extras that really make the bag work for me. They created nice leather folios in the middle pocket so I can put papers in the bag and not worry about crumpling; they put in an extra phone pocket so I can store my work and personal phones; a covered pocket for my USB drives, fobs, etc. This bag will really keep me organized. At maximum overload, it can fit two 2-inch binders, a 1/2 inch binder, and a few other things. Not commonly necessary, but awesome to have that volume for critical times when you need it. Alternatively, it can fit a respectable pair of shoes for days when I have to walk through the snow to get to my car or work, with room to spare for a reasonable quantity of papers. And it looks polished and professional while also being quite, dare I say, "manly." This bag replaces my old standby of 14-years. I don't remember how I found Custom Hide, but I looked for them because a cavernous Saddleback didn't seem like it would work for my business needs. It had great volume but no real organization ability for paperwork and couldn't be customized. My brother-in-law has a Saddleback which he seems to love, but I have no idea how he keeps his stuff straight in those huge compartments. Custom Hide took about 2.5 months to make my bag, so be forewarned that there is a real lead time here. But in my case, it was worth it to get exactly what I needed and couldn't find anywhere else. And, made in America to boot. I would have loved to see more pictures of these bags when I was searching, so here are some of my bag. I hope this helps those on a quest for the perfect bag! [UPDATE: I can't seem to figure out how to upload the pictures, but I'll work on it.]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo